• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gosh Darn People! (By People I Mean Person(S))

Sorry 'bout that.  Did you report the theft to your company's security folks?

Suggestion for its replacement...instead of using the push-on rubber clips to hold it on, thread the two studs and fasten the roundel with nuts and rubber washers.  Then it can't be easily popped off...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Some days the deserted island sounds great. Today is one of those days. Do i get to choose the island?

I suspect wandering teens given the neighbourhood (right on a residential area). I call it less of a message crime (my cars rear was dusty and full of opportunity) and more of a crime of opportunity. That being said, part of me is happy it was not fastened down. Had it been, there may have been scratches. I may epoxy it. Will digest options.

No more tii at work i guess.

The deserted island side of me is designing a use for a spare battery as we speak. Of interest, i remember seeing a security system you could buy in south america. A proximity sensor would warn you to step away. If you did not, flame throwers under the car would do their thing.

Lots of people better off on an island i guess.

Edited by gliding_serpent

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)

My concern reference the above suggestion is the BEMs (Booger Eating Morons) instead will likely pry even harder, rearranging the sheet metal on your car trying to pop it off.  Just a thought......

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

Edited by Emyers

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Arkansas "Antique Auto" license tags have an image of some kind of horseless carriage / hup-mobile (Bo Black or Mike Wooldridge has told me what it is but I've forgotten) but as long as the tag number and state are visible, it's okay to cover the image of the car. It's common for us to glue / screw / bolt a badge on top of the tag in that location. I bolted a nice German Flag badge to my license plate several years ago the DAY of a get-together. I stopped at a liquor store just before reaching the host hotel and during the five minutes I was in the store some inbred halfwit pried the badge off my license tag, leaving the tag both gouged and twisted. Dickheads.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

In irony to my original title... "God damn people" and the first couple of replies, I figured it was not my coworkers, as i work with a small group and we are pretty close. I then realized the office beside us is a chaplains office. Nope... Not likely them (but i did edit my tile in case the big guy is frowning). Next to that is a daycare.

My work is just off a military base in the centre of a military housing area. Lots of young families. Lots of teens. Not pointing fingers.

That being said, i will ask my coworkers if they will kindly give it back if i promise to catch up on my paperwork.

Edited by gliding_serpent

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)

Toilet piranha!  That is how I view them.  I have had spoilers taken off my E30 and E46.  Just got a replacement lip spoiler for the E30.  Gonna bolt, glue and safety wire this one on. I would rather it break in the hands of some thieving jack-wad then help them remain a piece of sh!7.

If I ever catch someone trying to take anything from my cars I will shove that part so far up their twin they will taste OEM for a month!

Yeah, I am fed up with it!

Edited by Koblenz