• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Am Now Writing For Road And Track

thehackmechanic

Seriously - Rob has an Europa?

Rob - one of my very good friends that has one says "Carry a fire extinguisher - everywhere".

Once the magic smoke comes out of the Lucas (lord of darkness) wiring - it's all done.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Congrat's Rob!

I am about 3/4 of the way through your book which I have thoroughly enjoyed and look forward to checking your articles in R&T.

Constantly on the look out for a "roundie" project.  I don't need Engine/Transmission but would prefer everything else!!

Yes, but it's more likely to make droplets of blood appear on your forehead.

Thanks so much, everyone. I WILL be back posting here, but at the moment the tii is running pretty well, and yes I did buy a '74 Europa Twin Cam Special, and last week a '95 318ti for my youngest boy, so, places to go, things to do, plastic in cooling systems to replace...

--Rob

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

Congratulations, as one time aspiring auto journalist who never got much beyond editing his local club newsletter and occasional articles in marque specific national club and trade magazines I am jealous and know it takes some talent and work to get there.

I have subscribed to R&T for about 25 years and have been a regular reader for maybe 10 years more than that. I thought I wouldn't like the new format, but they have had some really cool new content and kept the good stuff like Peter Egan.

You column sounds like great subject matter. Good luck. Greg

Lincoln, NE

74 2002

68 Triumph TR250

Matt, yes, this is the stuff I'm talking about. My last 318ti -- the lowest mileage BMW I've ever owned -- had it crack at 42k. But the car has no rust, cost me $850, and has under 100k on it, so it's going to the kid.

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

Not a bad deal for a 318ti! 

I guess I have a good reason to steal my dad R&T now :P I LOVE the april fools edition! "Hmm, let's autocross UPS and Fedex trucks today guys!"  :lol:

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Congratulations Rob

People will be dropping to their knees now and proclaiming "we're not worthy" like Wayne and Garth. Seriously speaking, I wish you well in your new writing career. I have enjoyed your column for years. see you Thursday night at the NJ chapter meeting.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

I'm looking forward to reading your articles. Congratulations!

About a year ago, I got a subscription offer from R&T that was just too good to pass up. I figured: "yeah, I'll pay $5 or so to read Peter Egan each month, for a year." And that's about all I did read until the "change" occurred. I found that I actually read several columns & articles and enjoyed the read. That's the first time in at least 20 years that I can say that about R&T.

Although modern cars are a total bore and turn-off to me, I do plan on renewing my R&T subscription, this time, for the first time since I let it lapse back in the late 80s.

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

Ohhh an Europa! So 7 cars went to 10...back to 7 again...now back up to 9? I may not have kept up LOL. Anyway I love it! Even my wife gets a kick out of your book as I say "hun...listen to what he wrote in this chapter". She's put up with me repairing a lot of the same cars you mention in your book (Alfa, E39 wagon, 02s, coupe, etc) so she "laughs" right along with me.

I will have to give R&T another go. Congrats to you!!!

'76 02 (Pastellblau - my 1st car - owned since 1992)
'04 330i zhp (Monaco Blue)

'07 328i 6spd (Titanium Silver)

'11 X3 (Alpine White)

Sam and Rob together in one magazine again? I'm subscribing. I've been picking up a few copies off the news-stands since Sam moved over, but this settles it.

Also tell Larry that he needs to give Sam more print time. Less editorial management chores, more word wrangling. It's a disservice to silence that voice.

Congrats!

1987 E28 535is -- Buttercup

1974 2002tii -- Pretty Penny

1994 E34 M5 -- Horehund

2001 E36/7 M Roadster -- Shaggy