• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Bmw Drivers Jerks?

LB72

I guess if you're from California and step into the street into oncoming traffic with a New Yorker driving a Turkis BMW coming at you, study says to have clean underwear.

High profile cars always get noticed more. If someone gets passed by a blue BMW they remember BMW. If its a red Hyundai, they remember a red car...

1971 Corvette, BBC to LS1 swap under way
1991 Camaro, ProCharged 355
1969 Corvette Greenwood/IMSA project
1974 BMW 2002, barn find, M42 on a stand, turbo header in a box

In England where it was BMW drivers read Audi drivers , they have taken up the gauntlet of driving like plonkers! 

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Bmw drivers... Not so sure. But guess what, people in fast cars are more likley to be agressive. Why buy a fast car if you intend to drive it like a granny? A better study would be to look at the demographics. No surprise that men 25-40 drive more agressivly and go for a more sporty cars. Does a bear sh!t in the woods? Of course it does.

Bmw gets fingered because the logo stands out. Most other logos are a stylized crome letter on a round or square background.

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)

Are today's BMW drivers more inclined to be "jerks"? Sure, but no more than drivers of other cars bought to project an "image" more than as a superb tool for pure driving. From my own, personal observations, today's BMW driver is apt to be pretty much clueless about actually DRIVING and more preoccupied with his/her cell phone/electronic device currently in vogue.

When our 1600s and 2002s were new, the majority of folks who bought them were ENTHUSIASTS, who bought BMWs because of the terrific performance value for the money (if you weren't there when these cars were new, you can't possibly appreciate how truly outstanding they were). Then, BMWs began to be a "yuppie" status symbol and, overnight, became "Beemers", instead of Bimmers. How sad.

Edited by osbourne

Bud Osbourne

'72 2002A

'75 2002

Are today's BMW drivers more inclined to be "jerks"? Sure, but no more than drivers of other cars bought to project an "image" more than as a superb tool for pure driving. From my own, personal observations, today's BMW driver is apt to be pretty much clueless about actually DRIVING and more preoccupied with his/her cell phone/electronic device currently in vogue.

When our 1600s and 2002s were new, the majority of folks who bought them were ENTHUSIASTS, who bought BMWs because of the terrific performance value for the money (if you weren't there when these cars were new, you can't possibly appreciate how truly outstanding they were). Then, BMWs began to be a "yuppie" status symbol and, overnight, became "Beemers", instead of Bimmers. How sad.

You are 100% right. My car was bought new by my dad in 73. He did not know much about bmw, but was a photographer by hobby. Cruises at 100mph and built like a Leica sold him.

I have always seen them as well built cars, that have a sporty side. But then i grew up with my tii... So bmw was not an image thing for me.

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)

it's not that BMW drivers are jerks ....

It is that everyone else is jealous, and jealous people tend to often violently project their own inadequacies outward in attitudes which are less tolerant of those folks of whom they are most jealous.

Cheers,

Carl

p.s.  I learned that in college, so it must be true.

Both my wife and i have bmw's as daily drivers. I'd say we are pretty courteous drivers and i have found that people typically go out of their way to cut us off on a regular basis.  The typical situation is the ass hat who zoom's past you and cuts you off when there is like 100 miles of no one behind you. Ridiculous.

That and the people who speed up when you are signaling to get on the freeway. Though thats common for anyone here in San Diego, not just the bmw drivers.  

Yes, since most of the people who are buying BMWs nowadays are buying them for image alone. As has been pointed out, so are typical Audi drivers. If BMW Financial Services were to kill the attractive lease deals, the jerks would move along to the next brand.

- Justin

1973 2002tii

The toolbox is where truth and contentment lie... -James May

I certainly am.

But I am in the Land Cruiser or Datsun, too...

Around here, as Clarkson says, 'The cocks all drive Audis now'.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL