• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts Seller Scam? User = Worldwidesalessales

Just had poorly written rather generic replies to two of my parts wanted ads offering cheap shipping.

Stinks of scam. Worldwidesalessales is the username. Anyone else get this?

"Greetings from USA, Are you still interested in buying the wanted advert posted online ? i have it for sale,let me know if you are still interested so i will email you picture and send you more information, also you you don,t need to worry over shipping, i have work with freight shipping company and now retired , so shipping cost to your doorstep will be very fair , hope to hear from you soon"

"Hello, Are you still interested in buying the wanted advert ? i have it for sale if still interested, send me your email address so i can email you some photos and asking price,"

Edited by gliding_serpent

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)

Yes, it does sound like one of our friendly overseas scams.  I've had 'em show up a couple of times.  You're probably justified in being overly cautious.

Bob Napier

Generic contact message sent to me as well for wanted post. Most probably a scam as stated. Thank you for the posting.

T.R.

I got a reply yesterday (20th) to my Wtb ad for rear taillight repair metal.  He sent me pictures of a very pristine '71 Colorado that he says he is parting out.  Wanted $150 for a small metal section.  Told him I was confused as to why he was parting his car and didn't want to pay his asking price for the part.  Haven't heard back from him.  Thanx to the FAQ and gliding serpent for confirming my suspicions.

Edited by nbcbird

Fight scam with scam.  Tell them you found several sources for the needed part, and would like $ wired to your account to help you decide which seller to do business with.

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged