• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today?

Stu

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahh, these few days before Thanksgiving I've welded up a full exhaust (don't want to do that again), got my new engine running and timed, color sanded the whole car, and ready to compound and polish, sanded and polished all the trim, put lockstrip on rear windshield (lots o fun), prepping to re-bleed the clutch and brakes, final torque on suspension bits, get hood on, and be a little closer to drive in december!!!

Pics will come soon....maybe some sound clips of engine running...;-)

Stephen

After Saturday's wheel painting etc., on Sunday I did 4 more coats of paint. Installed new under hood seals (the long strip, and the two sides). Adjusted the valves and new NGK spark plugs (properly gapped--the Bosch plugs in the car were at .32). I sanded the ribs on my valve cover, degreased the thing, and painted it with crinkle finish black hi temp paint.

And this Tuesday, my new stainless exhaust arrives from Ireland. . . .And Wednesday, the new tires for the steelies.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

I wish I was doing something for the 1600! It is in storage for the winter so I get to diagnose & fix the coolant leak in my wife's X5! Lucky me! One question about those steelies: Are they hard to find? I have the later model stamped steel wheels for my 1600 but really like the look of those. If I were to look for some, what would I be looking for? Name, part # etc. Thanks!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

I wish I was doing something for the 1600! It is in storage for the winter so I get to diagnose & fix the coolant leak in my wife's X5! Lucky me! One question about those steelies: Are they hard to find? I have the later model stamped steel wheels for my 1600 but really like the look of those. If I were to look for some, what would I be looking for? Name, part # etc. Thanks!

They are E30 steel wheels and, from what I have read, came only on the 1991 318is (as far as US cars go). The wheels are still available new, I looked it up. They're around $85 each, brand new. Call Steve at BluntTech, www.blunttech.com.

I think there is one for sale on e-bay right now, just the one wheel, for a price that may be close to new. Good luck.

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

Went to Skips Foreign Car Repair in Conway, where the car has been while we installed the engine. She runs now. Video to follow, but for now I am a happy camper. Marshall and Jim, the wiring went smoothly. I used the hard line found on '73 carbed 02s and replaced all the fuel lines with new injection hoses. Since I used an intank pump, I had to find a reducer to drop down to the 5/16 hose I used. All is well, no leaks, except at the o rings on top of the K-pump. When I let it run a while, they slowed to almost no leakage, but I'll replace them anyway. Hope to bring it home to do more projects from my garage rather than drive over an hour each way. Many thanks to Danuel...couldn't have done it without his help, and to Chris for the use of his facilities.

post-1290-13667666770273_thumb.jpg

j9273c.jpg
'71 Agave, '71 Verona, '74 Inka, '73 Chamonix

"FAQ Member Number 60"

I'm wondering if those center caps would fit onto my new-to-me 14" basketweaves. I love my new wheels but the center caps are a bit fussy for my taste, plus one fell off the other day... Those small caps would let the lugs show and give them just the right amount of badassness. I notice you have weaves on your car, any chance you could check it out and let me know? Your new steelies look great by the way...

Phil

Phil S

74 02 Verona

93 Toyota PU

06 Saab 9-3 wagon

Phil, send me an e-mail reminder and I'll look into it later this week.

spkastner at comcast dot net.