• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An 18 year old & his BMW 2002

LimeySteve

My son ,James just got his 74 Auto back from paint , color change from Dark Blue Metallic (originally Pastal Blau) old paint was pretty shot but zero rust in the car. We stripped the car for the color change,he did a bunch of prep before I had a guy I know finish it off, then off to Maaco for a spraying. We spent Saturday bolting parts back on, glass re install Monday. All his ideas with the metallic Black wheels etc. He is working with us at LimeWorks now & has got the old car bug .Paint & Body work $895 , not bad for a 1st car .

Picturesoffmyphone1369.jpg

2012-10-06_17-05-24_916.jpg

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Cheers guys , he is a happy chap & can't quite get it in his head it's HIS car , mirrors on today & some experimenting with rear bumper ideas, I'll post pix as we go.

Proud Dad :)

1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

from us old guys--original owners--to teenagers, and every age in between. That's kinda unusual, as most old car owners have cars from the era when they were in high school or college. Thus the current muscle car craze among Baby Boomers. For young folks to be into cars much older than they is kinda unusual.

Looks like you have a happy lad there...and dang, is that car RED!

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

mike wrote, "Thus the current muscle car craze among Baby Boomers."

I'm a BB'er. In high school my dad bought a new 1970 Chevelle SS396, the cranberry red w/ black stripes variety. I drove it on & off through college, then when I graduated he more or less gave it to me. But after 5 months the price of gas (and 14mpg) was overpowering my meager Navy paycheck.

A high school pal started telling me about these things called a "2002" ..... I briefly investigated and bought one. 33mpg on the highway was certainly a prime consideration.

Cheers,

Carl

p.s. I returned the SS396 to my dad .... and like every Boomer out there, I'm sick at heart that I let him sell it in 1977.

Well we got the glass in, chrome lock strip tomorrow, fitted some California mirrors & painted the rear bumper as a temporary measure.

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

We got the interior panels & trim on his car on Friday evening & got to the So cal Vintage , t'stat stuck on the way so a few pit stops for water (in the trunk ) we got there, before we left he removed the t'stat & I did a McGuyver on it, perfect trip home.

Picturesoffmyphone1544.jpg

Picturesoffmyphone1546.jpg