• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

most desirable colors

Grill

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a color specific comment, but a general statement. The lighter the color of the car the larger it will appear, and, the darker the color the smaller the car will appear. As I have mentioned before that is why overweight people (probably ladies more than men) tend to wear black clothes. Makes 'em look a little smaller.

Bob Napier

post-144-13667631374651_thumb.jpg

I really like Agave when the paint is new, but when it gets old and faded it looks like dried out aspargus. I would repaint the original color. My favorite color is Inka

Ceylon 1973 2002tii 2762669

1972 Austin Mini 1275 traded

1970 Barracuda Convertible

1974 Schwarz 2002

1955 Chevy Bel Air 2 Dr Hardtop

Before you decide to repaint your Agave 02, do a forum search to see what an Agave 02 looks like with decent paint. Below is a link to a 1972 Agave 2002. It's not restored or in mint condition, just a nicely maintained survivor.

I found these pics on a quick search of the forum, there are plenty more pics of Agave 02's in the archives. An Agave 02 with decent paint looks great in my book. I'm sure others can post pics of their Agave 02 as well

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,345472/highlight,agave/

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

I'd probably go with the original color, but if you really want to go with something different just go with what grabs you! :-) All the '02 colors are unique and have their individual attributes.

Personally, as much as I do like Colorado & Inka they are probably the worst colors for offsetting amber turn signals....the colors just sort of "run together".

I like "contrast", therefore I think it's really hard to beat Chamonix or Schwarz...who said Chamonix is "boring"??? I use to not like it that much until I owned one and saw fresh paint on it...WOW!

You might want to consider Nevada also....I just love that color, especially with black interior!

Good Luck with the decision!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"