• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OK...I'm just making trouble...Shall we critique?

skipsfcr

Who is Josh-DC? No profile, no info.

I also note that M3's photo disappeared from his website this morning, so he's not interested in being identified. Not surprising, since he's not well liked around here.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I inspected this car this Monday, and this car is very clean in person actually. Despite what's on the other thread. Unfortunately I did not have cash in hand to purchase the car. Called today to go pick it up, and the car had been sold on Tuesday apparently. Big loss, and someone got a really good tii for a good price.

Do you still not get it? We know its you M3. You're not that clever, sorry.

It's all about momentum

FINAL1.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Car has officially been sold, payment cleared and owner took delivery. Owner got a great deal, for a very clean car. Had 10 showings, all had jaw dropping experience from how clean the car was.

Hello everybody here on this thread! Please bear with me as this is my first foray on any type of forum. I am the buyer of this much discussed car. Hopefully I will be able to shed some light on the accuracy of the cars provenance and condition first hand.

I saw and drove the car for the first time and left a $500 cash deposit on the evening of Dec 28, 2009. I returned the following evening with an additional $5000 cash and took delivery. According to the title I received from the intermediate owner, he paid $129.00 sales tax to obtain the title. At 3% VA auto sales tax this indicates his purchase price was $4300. The original owner, Ted, in Gainesville, VA had the car advertised at $4500. I spoke at length with the original owner prior to his selling it to Mr. M3-Addict. In truth, M3-Addict's father was the actual and legal owner as indicated on the title, and he is who I completed the transaction with, and who signed over the title. M3-Addict was not present at the final sale. His mother and father seem like genuinely good people, though M3 Addict does have some serious personal ethical issues to work out regarding the truth. He told me over the phone when I initially called that this car was a "gift from his grandfather", which from the moment he said that, I knew exactly the type of person I would be dealing with. I went into this deal with eyes wide open and completely armed with all the information furnished to me by the original owner. I did not feel the need to beat M3-Addict over the head and confront him on matters of truth in person, as I think it would have been quite awkward and humiliating for him in the presence of his folks. I truly hope he reads this and amends his ways. He's still a young fellow with lots of life ahead of him, and life is best spent not having to look over your shoulder trying to remember the trail of lies you have left behind...

So in a nutshell, they made roughly $83 per day of their ownership of 13 days. That equates to about the average wage for a week and a half of work for someone earning $10 per hour. It was a wise move on their part and I sincerely hope they enjoy their windfall. M3-Addict is a part time student at George Mason University, and his mom has recently left the work force and returned to school as well. I'm sure they can use every penny.

As for the condition of the "02, well, it's painfully obvious that the paint is not all original. About the only area I could identify as such may be the faded trunklid. There is no evidence of any structural damage anywhere on the car. All panels are original with only some small areas of very light filler. Be it known for certain that this car does indeed have rust but it is more than managable. I know rust intimately having grown up in Vermont, and for an east coast car it is quite minimal for its 35 years. The left rear shock tower is the worst of it and will be taken care of professionally. The car runs and drives very well, pulling strong through all the gears and brakes fine, all electrics are in order with the exception of the dash clock. I was astonished to see nearly mint seat bottoms when I pulled back the sheepskin covers. The driver's seat bottom has only one 3" fore-aft split, and the passenger seat has no splits. The seatbacks themselves are perfect.

I am a long standing BMWCCA member, (though I've allowed it to lapse over the past two years...) and this is my third Tii in twenty odd years of nearly perpetual (used) BMW ownership. I am an average working guy, a true enthusiast, and will enjoy driving and caring for this car during my stewardship of it. I think that's a common denominator all '02 owners can personally relate to.

Also, it would be remiss of me not to acknowledge that in a nod to the so called "circle of life", this car was purchased with proceeds left over from my incredible luck at winning an M3 convertible in the 2001 BMWCCA raffle. I didn't get the car but took the cash option instead. After our wonderful Federal government helped themselves to $14,000 right off the top...Ugh. Best regards and I wish you all a very Happy New Year. L.H.

I have another quick question, why is that Mark, Jason and Shawn, you know the three guys in this thread calling it an OK deal are not registered users and have no post history here.

Things that make ya go hmmmmm.

I can confirm that all three of these posters are in fact the same person, or at least share an IP address....