• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any 02 updates in your future?

TTyMiller

I'm putting on some stainless steel brake lines this weekend weather permitting. I have to install esty's delete seat carpet set. Install the ANSA exhaust after I return some stuff I don't need to Bavauto and get the resonator to go with it. If I live through the winter I have some sidedraft weber 40's I'd like to get on along with the tii brake booster I purchased from, drive a hard bargin Armond.

Oh yeah got to fix the heater fan, bad bushing Dudley has the hook up.

cutting rear springs to drop the rear-end, hopefully by Saturday. Ought2 helped w/ me w/ the front end last sunday. Took the strut spacers out and some spring. Can't believe the difference already. Front-end is now low, hard & stiff. It corners like a rock now, except the rear-end still has a little give to it. Can't wait to get that dropped & enjoy the ride.

Scott

update: Got my project done! Took 1 coil (1 winding) off the rear springs. Hoping it's enough.

Rearenddropped.jpg

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Battery relocation to the trunk, remove air conditioning, replace console, replace door cards, remove carpet to pressure wash and possibly dye rear seats. I have everything I need to do all of that but not letting myself until my garage redesign is finished.

-John

76 Verona 2002

74 Sahara 2002

Things are adding up between the 3 BMWs I have to maintain. For the 2002:

Near term:

- Step 1 in diagnosing a strange misfire issue - install an inline fuel pressure gauge.

- Remove a perfectly rounded bolt that is still fused holding a wheel on.

Longer term (next year hopefully):

- Install green carpet from Esty

- Finish rest of interior

- Hide remaining relays and relocate a few engine bay items to get that perfect sterile engine bay

- Design and piece together an FI solution for more power (centrifugal supercharger most likely)

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

Replace the heaterbox cables- aka total rebuild.

Replece the broken metal ring that has been rattling around inside the exhaust especially at 2500rpm and left me with a small leak that gives that decel POP.

Work on cleaning up the headlight buckets so I can actually aim the headlights.

I probably won't get to these in the next week or 5. I just got more cabinets to install in the garage. Still trying to get all the schtuff off of the floor and put away. I did get the tire racks installed a few weeks ago. Nice.

Then again, the weather is still clear. Think I'll go for a bike ride.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Billy HD's! valve job to shut the valves up, time it again, find some door leaks, put the last of the trim on, maybe play with the exhaust. Wash and wax! I think I need new brake and clutch hoses. Most maintenance for me in the next couple weeks.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

noisy bearings & the spare E21 lsd (also with noisy bearings) IF the bearings and seals for the longneck can be located and (maybe a bigger IF) I can come up with the $$ - sure isn't likely to happen anytime real soon...............

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

My saga is ongoing but coming to an end. So far in the past few weeks have rebushed the entire car w/ prothanes, added H&R springs, Bilstein HDs, Susp. Tech. sway bars, front strut bearings, all around, added Crane XR700, Bosch Blue, Bavauto 8mm wires, new plugs, new voltage regulator, all new vac lines, adjusted valve lash, weber 32/36, modified oem air cleaner, new fuel filters, new waterpump, new 'v' belt, all new coolant hoses, radiator cap, new 't'stat, new battery w/ +/- cables, all new relays incl. flasher, all new fuses, all new bulbs, new turn indicator switch, removed Clardy AC system, swapped clock for used Tach, replaced kidney grill, replaced hood mouldings, POR 15'd the inner fenders followed by rubberized undercoating, POR 15'd the headlight buckets, new H4 headlamps, SS brake flex lines, new front rotors, new Tii rear wheel cylinders, new pads/shoes all around, replaced all wheel bearings and oil seals, new halfshaft CV joint boots, new washer pump, new washer btl. w/ cap, new wiper blades, new trunk and hood rubber seals, new rubber door seals, new Tii exhaust manifold - Thanks Steve Blunt!, complete IE stainless exhaust (downpipe to tip), new flasher switch and relay, new fuel tank sending unit 'o' ring, reclaimed bumpers, 4 new Pirelli P5 Cintaurado tires, drained and renewed ATF along w/ filter and gasket, crush washers on drain plug and ATF cooler banjo bolts, disassembled seats and freed all adjustment mechanisms which were siezed, replaced tail lamp rubber gaskets and seals, repainted tail light reflectors,

hadd the car Ziebart rustproofed.

The only thing left to do is pull the heater box and replace fan, seals, weatherstripping, grommets, refill/bleed the cooling system. That will be a good day!

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

Now that I have the e30 squared away for the winter I'm turning my attention to the 02.

So first I washed all the parts I bead blasted. I washed them in hot water mixed with Marine Clean from POR15. I used a scotchbright pad and an old tooth brush. They came out real nice. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to prime and then paint them with Dull Aluminum colored paint. I have done this in the past and the nice part is that the motor is a lot easier to keep clean.

Any other ideas of what to do with the aluminum bits? What was that metal prep stuff the rat rod guys use? Kinda a aluminum treatment IIRC. Remember I have to do the head too and it's assembled, so that means no ceramic coatings and the like.

M10 stuff on a towel.

DSC_0003-4.jpg

My 318is with snows and mudflaps

DSC_0001-5.jpg

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Now that I have the e30 squared away for the winter I'm turning my attention to the 02.

So first I washed all the parts I bead blasted. I washed them in hot water mixed with Marine Clean from POR15. I used a scotchbright pad and an old tooth brush. They came out real nice. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to prime and then paint them with Dull Aluminum colored paint. I have done this in the past and the nice part is that the motor is a lot easier to keep clean.

Any other ideas of what to do with the aluminum bits? What was that metal prep stuff the rat rod guys use? Kinda a aluminum treatment IIRC. Remember I have to do the head too and it's assembled, so that means no ceramic coatings and the like.

M10 stuff on a towel

I think white vinegar works great on aluminum.

with the tii brake booster I purchased from, drive a hard bargin Armond.

watcha talkin'bout willis! you got the deal of the century.

anyway, here is the future for my Tii.

1. change it back to Chamonix..(will use Audi Casablanca white)

2. put in my salt and pepper carpet set

3.finish my spare Tii eng rebuild.

coming to fruition all depends on the economy

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

My 74 tii is a Frankenstein but with great parts. I've found a complete 74 tii shell (no motor or gearbox, an aborted M20 project) in the same color (sahara) as mine. I'm thinking of buying it and moving all the parts from my tii into that one. It will be a major project over the winter. Still mulling it over....

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner