• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pic request. The coolest baddest 2002's ever!

Devian

38 minutes ago, IdaBimmer said:

Ultrabox Japan check it out on YouTube and many other sources..  Neat car!

or find it in the half dozen threads there have been about that car on this forum over the last 3 years...

it requires a certain taste that not everyone has.  but then..don't all 2002's?  :-)

Edited by mlytle
  • Like 1

2xM3

1 minute ago, mlytle said:

or find it in the half dozen threads there have been about that car on this forum over the last 3 years...

it looks like poop.

Fixed that for you!

:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

On 3/10/2018 at 10:10 AM, jmr_1602 said:

Before reading your post and just seeing that first picture of the box flared 02. My first thought was, “Oh that’s the car Korman, sold to one of Pablo Escobar’s guys.”

I’m just reposting it to further the myth. 

John
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

12 hours ago, ray_ said:

'it looks like poop'

Fixed that for you!

:D

It looks like a car that somebody put a LOT of work into to me...  I have the space to appreciate it and the person that did the work.

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

1 hour ago, irdave said:

It looks like a car that somebody put a LOT of work into to me...  I have the space to appreciate it and the person that did the work.

Oh I don't disagree at all with that, Dave. It could be quite good work, also, and good craftsmanship should be appreciated.

But IMO he perverted the design, and made the car a caricature of the original. And the tii badge is offensive.

:)

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

24 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Oh I don't disagree at all with that, Dave. It could be quite good work, also, and good craftsmanship should be appreciated.

But IMO he perverted the design, and made the car a caricature of the original. And the tii badge is offensive.

:)

Cheers,

adjective: perverted;

(of a thing) having been corrupted or distorted from its original course, meaning, or state.

noun: caricature;
  1. 1.
    a picture, description, or imitation of a person or thing in which certain striking characteristics are exaggerated in order to create a comic or grotesque effect.
adjective: offensive
  1. 1.
    causing someone to feel deeply hurt, upset, or angry.

Yep, ok.  Perverted; sure.  Caricature; obviously.  The tii badge is offensive?  Really?  That's all it takes for you to be deeply hurt, upset, or angry?  Interesting words to choose.

Whatever happened to tolerance?

(Obviously I'm a little sore about this subject as a whole right now and has very little to do with Ray and 2002s, but, seriously.  Can't we start here?)
Edited by irdave
Edited because who knew the tab or the space bar or something would cause it save?
  • Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

For the most part I like the Ultrabox 02.  But I have a big boy racer streak in me. The build quality looks pretty nice,not a fan of the hood tow hook and that rear spoiler nor the tii badge. 

I can definitely see why people don't like it. Looks like a love it or hate it kinda build. 

9 hours ago, irdave said:

Whatever happened to tolerance?

Counter point - what happened to having an opinion?

I'm a staunch advocate for hotrodding 2002's.  However, modifying's very nature is "personalizing" a car.  Meaning it should be built for yourself, meaning someone else may not like it.  If the owner likes it, well there you go.
.....and the world goes round.

Edited by AceAndrew
  • Like 4

I’m personally not into making disparaging comments about other people’s cars and, by consequence, their labors of love. 

The whole point of this hobby is individualism/self-expression and you can easily not like something without being demeaning. If you say that someone’s car looks like shit, you’re basically saying that their taste and style and efforts are shit...which isn’t very nice.

That car is about as far as I can imagine from my own personal aesthetics...but kudos to the owner for executing his personal vision with such attention to detail and dedication.

COOP

Edited by COOP
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, AceAndrew said:

I'm a staunch advocate for hotrodding 2002's.  However, modifying's very nature is "personalizing" a car.  Meaning it should be built for yourself, meaning someone else may not like it.  If the owner likes it, well there you go.
.....and the world goes round.

+++++