• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pic request. The coolest baddest 2002's ever!

Devian

I got it on the ground for a while today to clean out the garage:

4065525147_0e683a0156_b.jpg

Those wheels are siick!

I'm going to be in SB this upcoming weekend, are you going to be around?

I'd love to come check out your car. Let me know. fourspdbmw AT yahoo.com

- Justin

'72 - 2533095 ex-auto, not stock

'76 - 2374191 PNO - boo, CA SMOG

Oops ..looks like i have overseen a whole page :)

speedwell1966 .. Thanks Zac! i really dont know what to say ! :)

@Standalone : You dont happen to know what shade of blue that is ?

i am trying to locate some photos for Arktisblau.. seems all i can find is on the russian E24 page :)

Thanks !

bmwfans_userbar.png

-Living in the wrong side of the world ..

Cheers

Chatroom John

• 5 months later...
One of my favorites, the "phantom" turbo touring:

turbolook4.jpg

turbolook2.jpg

Harry .. give us links for that thing! And show us your schwarzie ! :)

That car is mine :)

It's in Bangkok Thailand.

Here's the link to flickr gallery

also another link of it's current look

4481625230_c83cc65e50_o.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I read this thread title the other day this was the first car I thought of. I was around it a few times while the build was in progress back in the '80s. I got to bench race in it while the owner and my Dad worked on it. I recall my Dad telling me about the test drive he took in it. It ran on AV gas so they took it to the local air field to fill up. Running down the highway at a quick glance the speedo needle appeared to be at proper safe highway speeds (60-65). Another closer look revealed that they were traveling considerably faster (the speedo had been recalibrated). They were actually running right about 100mph.

I always loved the box flare/bumperless airdam look on this car. 4 slash cut centered exhaust tips, a roll cage, racing seat, and those deep dish BBS wheels. 5aa3e4d9dab97_Keislings02.GIF.e2cd72b42b9e03da29188ba3eedfc311.GIF

5aa3e925193ce_Keislings02back.thumb.JPG.00f311e79cdffe09af7fc318efed0c3e.JPG

As I understood it the car was sold by John(Jim?) Keasling (s/p?) to Korman autoworks (where I found the tiny color pic).  I think the story went that the son (John or Jim can't remember who was whom) built the car on credit cards. His Dad about had a heart attack when he saw the bills and made him sell it. I'd ask my Dad more about it but he passed in '13 so the stories are all I have. The black n white rear 3/4 shot was a copy I made from an original from the professional "for sale" photo shoot back in a high school photography class.

I always wondered what happened to this car. That was one bad mamma jamma!

When I read this thread title the other day this was the first car I thought of. I was around it a few times while the build was in progress back in the '80s. I got to bench race in it while the owner and my Dad worked on it. I recall my Dad telling me about the test drive he took in it. It ran on AV gas so they took it to the local air field to fill up. Running down the highway at a quick glance the speedo needle appeared to be at proper safe highway speeds (60-65). Another closer look revealed that they were traveling considerably faster (the speedo had been recalibrated). They were actually running right about 100mph.

I always loved the box flare/bumperless airdam look on this car. 4 slash cut centered exhaust tips, a roll cage, racing seat, and those deep dish BBS wheels. 5aa3e4d9dab97_Keislings02.GIF.e2cd72b42b9e03da29188ba3eedfc311.GIF
5aa3e925193ce_Keislings02back.thumb.JPG.00f311e79cdffe09af7fc318efed0c3e.JPG
As I understood it the car was sold by John(Jim?) Keasling (s/p?) to Korman autoworks (where I found the tiny color pic).  I think the story went that the son (John or Jim can't remember who was whom) built the car on credit cards. His Dad about had a heart attack when he saw the bills and made him sell it. I'd ask my Dad more about it but he passed in '13 so the stories are all I have. The black n white rear 3/4 shot was a copy I made from an original from the professional "for sale" photo shoot back in a high school photography class.
I always wondered what happened to this car. That was one bad mamma jamma!

Before reading your post and just seeing that first picture of the box flared 02. My first thought was, “Oh that’s the car Korman, sold to one of Pablo Escobar’s guys.”

I have no idea where I heard that from or if it’s true, but that’s the memory I have attached to your first picture.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602