• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

Ive seen this work well on other forums and I wanted to start this thread to show the stances of all your 02s and help people decide what suspension, wheel and tyre setups they want. Theres always a lot of discussion about "Will these wheels fit?" and "What springs should i get?" so lets put it all into one thread. So post up your stance pics - stock, modified, race or rally, mild or wild...

Include at the least; wheel size and offset with your pic... but tyre size is often VERY useful, how far its been dropped (or raised? lol), if your running coilovers, have you rolled the lips, camber, spacers etc... Basically anything relating to how your stance was achieved.

Ill kick it off...

Wheels: 15x7" Genuine Alpinas, et12

Tyres: 205/50

Suspension: stock as a rock

Other: Lips have been ground down a bit and there is some rubbing under load at the rear. Ground Control coilovers are coming so wll post pics when i put them on. Also getting smaller tyres - The 205's are a bit wide.

DSCN2867.jpg

DSCN2857.jpg

Wheels: 15x6" Performance Superlites, et33

Tyres: 205/50

Suspension: Koni Classic shocks, lowered on King Springs about 1.5" at a guess.

Other: Lips rolled a bit, and very light rub under extremely hard cornering. A 5mm (i think, its 5) spacer has been used to get the wheels out to around et28.

DSCN1825.jpg

• Like 1

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Nice, nice!

BTW, there are GC kits headed your way! Finally........

Here's mine

GC coil over front strut conversion

GC caster/camber kit

Koni external adjust dampers

Rolled rear fender

Alpina wheels

7x16 front 195/45's

8x16 rear 215/40's

e97d3f64.jpg

dsc2651jc5.jpg

dsc2659on8.jpg

Cris

• Like 3

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

i knew going to California was a bad idea. after running behind cris all i can think about is getting some fat meats on my 02. his car looks so serious from all angles but especially from behind.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

i knew going to California was a bad idea. after running behind cris all i can think about is getting some fat meats on my 02. his car looks so serious from all angles but especially from behind.

I always knew that you were an ass man.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

Comment :

this car sits TOO high !

might be 2002ix (all wheel drive off-road package?)

Noted.

Its due to stock ride height and 50 profile tyres (and probably as it had just come off jacks too). There was always going to be a large gap with this setup. As CJ mentioned, the GC's are on there way to fix the problem :-)

Any pics of your old setup CD? I know you were happy with how your car was when you had it.

Cj, looking sweet as always. Im keen to track down some 185/40's but its a pretty hard tyre to find. Anything thats a 40 profile seems difficult.

Blunt - get some pics up! - i love the stance of both of yours!

Rick, man i can not wait till my GC's come so i can get a similar look!

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

That is the first I have seen a pic of your car cj and it is one of the nicest ever. F&??&ng.Sweet.Ride. Very cool. Chris

Ground Control coilovers front and rear. CJ's group buy Rota's with 195/50/15's. Fenders have been rolled too. Room to go much lower but want to enjoy street driving a little...

P1010348.jpg

I love the look of your car. I am quite jealous right now.

1975 2002 Anthrazitgrau

1963 Vespa GL

That is the first I have seen a pic of your car cj and it is one of the nicest ever. F&??&ng.Sweet.Ride. Very cool. Chris

Thank you sir!

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

Here's mine, well, hers actually.

Wheels:13x5 1/2, et13 turbines

Tires: 175/70

Suspension Techniques springs in the rear.

Stock springs in front with two coils cut out. (I have ST's for the fronts but waiting to do the struts at the same time.)

Front and rear lips rolled, fronts rub the rear of the fenderwell when turning.

post-12220-13667593014164_thumb.jpg

post-12220-13667593015106_thumb.jpg

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

Wheels: 15x6 Superlights

Tires: 205/50/15

Front Susp: Bilstein HD's, GC coilover conversion with provided Eibach springs. Aardvarc fixed camber plates.

Rear Susp: Bistein HD's, ST springs.

Rolled fender lips front and back, would definitely rub otherwise. Still some rubbing under hard cornering on the front inner fender wells.

post-982-13667593017317_thumb.jpg

215-50-13s, 13x8s, 4.5" backspacing, H&R springs, fixed camber plates, rolled fenders, still some rubbing on rear fender lip in very hard corners

z06_0086.jpg

z06_0184.jpg

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser