• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any one know what type of ac console this is?

srfjay

radio at the top, and the A/C controls at the bottom, on a small angled protrusion (replacing the long console) or parallel to the faceplate (replacing the short console). It also says "FRIGIKING" on a panel between the two controls.

If that's a Frigiking, it's different from any I've seen and I'd like to know more about it.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Interesting as I have had a Behr, a Clardy, and a Frigiking and none of them looked like that. My clardy had only one row of vents. The frigiking was vertical on the sides ( did not flare out). The behr only has one row of vents also.

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

If that is a Clardy, it must be an extremely early model. Clardy used a swashplate compressor, also known as a rotary, and the interior panels look nothing like those. I have some pics at the house of my Clardy, will post this PM. That looks like a Frigiking system

Earl

74 02Lux w/Clardy AC

72 Volvo 1800ES w/Frigiking

02 M Roadster w/factory AC

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell

Midwest (may hae seen 2 or 3 in 25 years)--and the one I see every day on my car is a Frigiking. The dead giveaway on Clardy units is the bulge on the pax side (from the blower) that intrudes into the pax footwell--can't see that in the picture.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Definitely NOT a Behr A/C - which only has one long articulating vent along the top of the console, right below the dash.

Tom

I have an original Behr A/C console if anybody is interested. It's not a concours piece, but it's not abysmal either. I can post pictures if anybody is interested.

~Rob

'73 2002 Warmbold Rally Car Imitator

'89 325i Time Capsule

Here are pics of the Clardy as installed in my 74. The blower fan motor, as mentioned in a previous post, is visible in the second post. The Clardy uses a different style fan motor than the type shown in the pic. The pictured motor is very similiar to the Frigiking unit in my 72 Volvo 1800ES.

Earl

74 02Lux

72 Volvo 1700ES

02 M Roadster

post-292-1366759246844_thumb.jpg

post-292-13667592469374_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

74 02Lux

15 M235i

72 Volvo 1800ES

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell