• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

exhaust is done

BLUNT

Glad you finally got it installed and are happy with the sound. I'm honestly not a big fan of the exhaust tip--it seems to spoil the overall stock appearance of the rest of the exterior. That said, it's your car, and if you like it, great! I think I would like it better in black, when it would recede a bit.

Wish I could see and hear the car at V@V! I'll still be a couple of weeks away from heading back to the States at that point.

By the way, how's your friend? Wasn't he the exhaust guy who went into diabetic shock when you were there a few weeks ago?

-Dave

thanks dave, believe it or not the same exact thing happened altho to a lesser extent the 2nd time i went out there. he started acting confused and moving real slow after lunch. hes the kind of guy who doesnt like to talk about stuff like this but i encouraged him to look into getting a pump for insulin. i dont know a lot about diabetes but i know that has to play hell with your organs. he takes good care of himself as far as eating habits and the like but he says its hard to judge his insulin intake each day. i hope he looks into it as im sure it would stabilize his blood sugars. as far as the tip goes, its temporarily clamped on and i may modify it or remove it altogether but i like to look at things for a while before making a decision. i would powdercoat it black if it stays and maybe shorten it up an inch or more. and i guess thats why i put it on. the car looks so stock with the exception of wheels that the tip hints of something else lurking under the hood

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey,

That thing looks good! It looks like my package on the lookout for my spouse - big, not too loud, but has a big kick with a lot of force. :)

Thanks for the item! Damn, packing is superior. No worries...we'll talk tomorrow. Take care.

The Road of Life Should Be Driven in a BMW2002!! Happy Trails!

....................... SILLY :

tip001.jpg

looks great if it's a DIESEL

but DIESEL tips point down to the road

to prevent soot build-up on the rear valance

and tail lites.

This MIGHT be alright if the tip was in the right

corner of the rear - way over under the tail

lite - but in the center it's silly.

..................................... BETTER

EXHAUSTTIPa.jpg

....................................... PORSCHE

EXHAUSTTIPb.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Hi Steve,

I like it, it's a simple mod (slightly humorous), but definitely individualized. We'll all be able to tell your Inka from everyone else's instantly. That's a good thing, IMHO.

Glad you car's finished and you're finally driving and enjoying it. I know it's been a long process. All the best!

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Looks cool.

I liked the turned down and the V8.

Could you turn it down and cut it off so the opening is parallell with the ground?

Ray,  Current BMWs, 1973 BMW 2002, Turkis, and 1997 BMW 318i 5sp avus blue.  Drove a lot and sold over the years, in reverse chron.

1997 m3 coupe silver, 1998 318ti red, 1996 318ti red,

1973 2002 Agave, 1971 2002  GM brown

I am not feeling it. But who cares as long as you like it. The rest of the car looks fabulous. Look forward to seeing it in a couple of weeks.

thanks, theres a lot of loose ends like a temporary air cleaner and ghetto throttle cable. but i dont want to invest money and time in stuff thats just going to be pulled off as soon as i get home to be replaced with the carbon fiber airbox etc. so dont expect perfection.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

thanks dave, believe it or not the same exact thing happened altho to a lesser extent the 2nd time i went out there. he started acting confused and moving real slow after lunch. hes the kind of guy who doesnt like to talk about stuff like this but i encouraged him to look into getting a pump for insulin. i dont know a lot about diabetes but i know that has to play hell with your organs. he takes good care of himself as far as eating habits and the like but he says its hard to judge his insulin intake each day. i hope he looks into it as im sure it would stabilize his blood sugars.

Blunt,

Hopefully not going too far OT with this, but definitely incourage him to get the insulin pump. I've been diabetic for 23 years now, and about 3 years ago I switched from taking 2 injections every day to a pump. It's made a night-and-day difference. With insulin injections, you take the same amount of insulin each day, and have to regulate your diet around that. Not hungry right now? Too bad, you took the insulin. With the pump, it's the other way around and your insulin amounts are dependent on what you eat. There's no more strict schedules. I know EXACTLY what you're talking about when you say he started acting confused. His blood sugar levels were too low.

Tell him to try the pump, and to give it 2 weeks (it takes about that long to get used to always having it attached). I promise he'll never go back.

If you want anymore info about it, feel free to contact me. :)

'70 1600 - Chamonix - 2.0L + 5-speed