• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quien Sabe Rd video

dubois

First attempt at a video thing, so it is pretty raw. Letters showing up in screen are from free demo software to convert mov. files into something else to compress to load to net. Next one will film from a Z4 on an open cockpit - hurry up Vroomer!.

For those who driven it, hope it brings good memories, for those who haven't enjoy it, hope to see you here some day!

FAQ Member # 91

I went through Hollister on Sunday, I was headed home from the bay area to Santa Maria and I decided to take a different rode than the 101. I took CA route 25 from Gilroy all the way down to the 198 junction. I was in my 73 Bavaria and little to no traffic, CA 25 is a great driving road. It's only 18 miles back to the 101 when your reach the 198 junction. Once I reached the 198 junction, I took a back rural route, junction is about 30-40 yards to the east of the 25-198 junction. This road comes out at the 101 in San Miguel in SLO county. Beautiful scenery, I highly recommend it if you get a chance. The 25 is high speed cruising with a lot of twisties. The rural county road should be driven much slower, the road is much narrower, a lot of blind corners, no center stripe, the asphalt has some gravel on top of it which can make your pucker factor rise going around a corner. Take a look at Google Maps for the route in question. Dubois, I now see why you probably have a smile on your face, the roads in your area are a blast to drive. The landscape is rugged, you are basically driving in the San Andreas fault rift valley for part of the drive.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Great stuff! Love the way the nose rises from the quaife digging in. What exhaust is that? Is that the stock tii muffler?

Also, props to all who post videos like this, especially this time of year; currently looking out the hotel window here, 15 miles from watkins glen, and see 2 feet of snow. This video and others like it are helping me deal.

Great stuff! Love the way the nose rises from the quaife digging in. What exhaust is that? Is that the stock tii muffler?

Also, props to all who post videos like this, especially this time of year; currently looking out the hotel window here, 15 miles from watkins glen, and see 2 feet of snow. This video and others like it are helping me deal.

You're not kidding, -25 degrees and a few feet of snow in the last week or so.

I hate winter :(

1) I mounted the camera on a piece of dum dum tape (it's kind of caulking substance they use to mount camper shells on top of pickup beds). It held up, but on a "normal" Quien Sabe, the camera would have flown off.

2) The muffler is stock, Supersprint header and airhorn foam intake filters.

It sounds better in the film than in reality- actually

3) This has the A4, but just regular engine with 292.

4) The camera is Panasonic Lumix Leica lens with built stabilizing software. The road is actually extremely bumpy in some sections, perfect for 02's. Traffic is normally lighter than seen.

FAQ Member # 91

210 hp Dinan Mini? I still enjoy describing that to my friends here in Ohio. I spent nearly four days driving that Mini on every back road I could find in the Santa Cruz mountains. What a blast. Wish I had been able to do it in a 2002, though...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite