• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blacked out trim...opinions??

70roundtail02

If I get a little extra dough i'll probably get a rear lip spoiler just because.

Wow, seems to be a very polarizing topic! It'd be great to hear the rants in the BMW Museum seeing that's their only '02.

I have to take the trim off to clean under it (hope the PO removed it befor the paintjob). May try Plastidip just for the reversibility.

I have been thinking of going with copper trim, but that does not have much to do with black trim.

Copper foil tape is easy to come by.  It is used for many different things and comes in a variety of widths.

I think a copper belt line might look nice with mint.

you don't see enough copper trim in my opinion.

OK  slightly off topic but has anyone ever tried a Hammered Paint job on diving board bumpers ant maybe beltline trim ? 

I have diving boards that are never coming back to looking good without extreme expense. Going on a Chamonix car  soo the whole black and white  contrast thing could work 

My preference would be for polished bumpers and polished beltline trim  but the budget just won't stand that right now

Paint looks like the attachment and comes in Black   Gunmetal and other colors

Any thoughts ?

post-47736-0-88189300-1454738869_thumb.j

It'd be great to hear the rants in the BMW Museum seeing that's their only '02.

It's not their car, nor is it the only 02 on rotation.

Personally, I think it's better than no trim (which looks like the restorer/flipper just didn't care) but not by much.  With this kind of trim I get the feeling someone skimped out... and if they skimped there, what's going on where I CAN"T see?

Not saying there is no possible way it could look good... but as a former designer I've yet to see an 02 pull it off to the point where I think "Yeah, that's justified".  Love to see a car hit that mark though.

I've seen it, I like it :D:rolleyes:

SoValley_Drivers_Crop_Med.jpg

I think it works on your 02 because it's Schwartz. I think if you painted all the shiny bits black it would be a different story.

In the end stock or black trim, I like 02's no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

I've seen it, I like it  :D:rolleyes:

SoValley_Drivers_Crop_Med.jpg

Car above appears to me to be trim-delete vs. blackout.  Still has silver lock strips.  The silver accents on the cars do just that - accent the details, IMHO. 

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif