• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'What is old, is new again.....'

I think is awesome that so many companies are making old/new parts again for 1600/2002 models.  Not necessarily a part for these cars, although some folks do have them in their cars....Scheel with a classic line of seats including the model 101.

And this, BOSCH making 'classic' batteries - old look, new technology.  Not for everyone of course but for those wanting a more original look than the 'DIE HARD' look, you have an option.  FWIW, Alpina used them at least in this example of their A4 - one of their magazine cars......Cheers

https://www.bosch-classic.com/de/en/products/range-of-spare-parts/batteries

BMW-2002-Alpina-Bild-04.jpg

• Like 6

that car has the headlight spacers still on it.

t

random observation

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I see the upper radiator hose with the bulb.

Been a long time since those have been available I believe. They are cool and I'm not sure why I feel that way.

• Like 3

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

31 minutes ago, JsnPpp said:

Been a long time since those have been available I believe. They are cool and I'm not sure why I feel that way.

Any idea what it's for?  

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

10 minutes ago, ISS Werks said:

yikes!  Coker tire kind of pricing... 

The price of cool!

@Leucadian

I *believe* for burping purposes? Someone will correct me...

• Like 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

59 minutes ago, JsnPpp said:

I see an alpina Radiator with the "magic eye"

• Like 1

My oem Varta battery lasted 12 years, but a 2002 has very little battery draw compared to new cars, just say'n.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ISS Werks said:

yikes!  Coker tire kind of pricing...

Yeah silly kind of pricing for a battery, pass on that.

Also appears to be delivered dry charged, electrolyte sold separately, that’s pass #2.

Dont care how cool, original, retro it looks.

Edited by tech71
  • Like 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

1 hour ago, JsnPpp said:

Adds flexibility that's all, nothing to burp there.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I purchased a Bosch sticker from eBay or Amazon to cover the Interstate sticker!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

The 'sticker' <decal> is always an option of course.  Interesting how small that battery is based on the specs I was readying 210mm L - 8.26, 175mm W = 6.88 and also the same (175mm H - 6.88").  Hmmmnnn.

Just for the heck of it I checked out Coker Tire's website, the have the whats old is new again Pirelli CN36's in 185/70-13 for $189 bux.  If my math on the currency conversion is right, Longstone is about $5.50 less.......Kind of surprising that the Coker offer isn't 2x more than anywhere else.....

Well looky there, cool beans.  I think your right as far as suppliers here having them.  Snipping anything these days is pretty brutal, as far as these things go though while they do have some weight to them they don't seem to be that big (smallish really based on my earlier post).  I need to double check that size, that is essentialy a similar size to a race battery.