• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KFischer pump pistons frozen

Need some help

car won’t start… fuels pump is fine 29psi measured

fuel filter is fine

mesh fuel filter clean

return line is working 

pistons aren’t moving up and down (none are moving)

cam shaft and flat plate move ok

belt is ok and aligned ok

Any suggestions?

Any recommendations on a guy to rebuild the unit?

signed, Up Sh@t Creek without a paddle

Thanks everyone!

Rick

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise

Hey there! 
Through using this forum…I got mine unstuck and have never looked back. Car had sat for 20 years. I assumed I would have to send out..but didn’t!

Pop off those top caps and fill with marvel mystery oil and let em soak. I did that for days and then used wooden dowels to get them to move. Even took the head off and put it back together with no skills. Has had no problems since! Don’t be afraid…if I can do it…anyone can. 

65254443243__5E92EBF8-DAB1-4809-82AF-D55FC1DE6CCF.jpeg

• Like 4

Yup, Jerry did 2 pumps for me as well. Slow but his pricing is the best and he knows what he is doing.

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

I had this issue on my '74 tii when I resurrected it after 20-odd years in a barn. I freed the pistons by soaking them over several days in penetrating oil, then bopping the pistons lightly with a thin brass drift. I would spin the pulley till i felt resistance, then tapped each piston in turn, going in firing order, over and over. 

It's super satisfying when they finally pop open and start moving. It takes elbow grease, but it's cheaper than a rebuild, and it wouldn't be a surprise to find your pump works just fine. 

If it still needs rebuilding after, then all you lost was some time and a little penetrating oil. 

'74 2002tii 

Maximum honk

On 5/23/2024 at 11:18 AM, Son of Marty said:

In the K-fish rebuilding biz 4 weeks is lightening fast speed.

And Jerry's prices are reasonable as well.  He quoted me $800  for a rebuild a few months ago for the original K-fish pump for my 74 tii.  My tii has a 72 K-fish pump in it that Jerry rebuilt 21 years ago. My pump runs fine, I'm just worried that in a few years, there will be fewer techs that have the knowledge to rebuild a K-fish pump. It's becoming a lost art.

• Like 2

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner