• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Green 2002's - Inspiration Needed for Color Change

I don't know that I have ever seen this color before on a 2002.  I like it.  'Tundra Green Metallic'.

WWW.CLASSICDRIVER.COM

Nichtr. Fzg., **BMW 2002 tii touring ... 5 Gang !!!** SAMMLERFAHRZEUG für höchste Ansprüche ! selten schönes Exemplar, hochwertige Frame - Off Restauration mit Fotodokumentation (vor ca. 20 Jahren) **rostfrei mit sehr guten Karosserie Zustand ** seit Restauration ca. 60.000km...

3 hours ago, markmac said:

I don't know that I have ever seen this color before on a 2002.  I like it.  'Tundra Green Metallic'.

Pretty popular on E3 and E9 models.  2002's in this model, repainted or paint to order?  Lots of variation (single stage vs clear coat?) in shade for Code "068", but I suspect the E3 below is closer to OEM.

Mark92131

Tundra Metallic.jpg

BMW 2002 Tundra Metallic.jpeg

• Like 5

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

On 3/11/2024 at 9:12 PM, Furry Camel said:

Florida has no rivals when it comes to green.

Oooh, while I agree Florida is an absolutely WONDERFUL color. . . is it really green? I suppose it does seem to have some green in it but to me in pictures it always seemed more in the white/grey 'family' than green.  What's the paint sticker call it, Floridagrun, or just Florida?

Promise I'm not intending to be argumentative here, honest curiosity as I've seen so few in real life!

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 8:55 AM, vegashelipilot said:

I'm hoping to find some photos of cars painted other non-2002 green paint codes, especially metallics.

Nissan's Millennium Jade 

Ferrari's Tundra ... cough cough ... excuse me, I meant "Pino Verde Metallizzato".

WWW.CLASSICDRIVER.COM

Finished in its factory-correct Pino Verde Metallizzato The 84th of 350 units of the 250 GT/L built by Ferrari from 1962 until 1964 Powered by it matching-numbers Tipo 168U 3.0-litre V-12 engine Undergoing certification by Ferrari Classiche at the time of going to print The Ferrari 250 GT/L...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AustrianVespaGuy said:

What's the paint sticker call it, Floridagrun, or just Florida?

The paint name is simply Florida. I don't know why some greens are named by themselves, and some are followed by Grun. I don't think the absence of Grun makes it not considered green though. Turf is about as Grun as it gets, without adding Grun to the sticker.

Edited by Furry Camel
  • Like 1

Another Amazon.

_MG_0012.jpeg

Original owner:

74 2002A Production 4-74

Upgrades: '75 mirrors, 320 driving lights, Weber, fatter tires, sound system.

Sold: 92 325i sedan 5 spd Production 8-91

Upgrades: Wheels, Borla, Bilsteins, sound system

Bought: 2012 Cayman

Here's Porsche Oak Green Metallic.  (try to overlook the shotty paint job, the cap on my can of clear coat pooped out on me midway).  I really like the coarser flake.  It is a beautiful color in bright sun.  But it looks almost black in the shade and I'm not sure how I feel about that.  

IMG_8631.jpg

1 hour ago, vegashelipilot said:

But it looks almost black in the shade

Will look black at night!  Maybe a shade lighter would help!  House of Kolor C2C KBC09 Organic Green Kandy?

Mark92131

House of Kolor Organic Green Candy KBC09.jpg

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

1 hour ago, vegashelipilot said:

Here's Porsche Oak Green Metallic.  (try to overlook the shotty paint job, the cap on my can of clear coat pooped out on me midway).  I really like the coarser flake.  It is a beautiful color in bright sun.  But it looks almost black in the shade and I'm not sure how I feel about that.  

How am I not supposed to get distracted by the background.... very cool.

• Like 1