• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Koito H4 kits CHEAP!!!!!

23 minutes ago, visionaut said:

Squares - don’t forget your j-hooks! 

Roundies too.

• Thanks 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Installed my Koito H4 kit today. Easy peasy. I can now drive with low beams on. Before,  I always drove at night with high beams just to be able to see. Thing is,  nobody ever flashed me because the brights weren't even that bright. before.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.

I am very very happy that my little find is helping the community! Such a nice kit and such a good price. Glad others are having the same success as I did. Thought I was crazy there for a second so it’s validating… Enjoy night drives again everybody!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

3 hours ago, Pdxguy said:

Pardon my ignorance, J-hooks?

Thanks,

Dennis

J-hooks pull the outer ends of the side grilles tight into compliance with the body sheet metal. So your grilles will fit snug in their outer corners under the headlights.

you want them :)

IMG_2190.png

• Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

1 minute ago, visionaut said:

J-hooks pull the outer ends of the side grilles tight into compliance with the body sheet metal. So your grilles will fit snug in their outer corners under the headlights.

you want them :)

IMG_2190.png

thanks!

On 2/25/2024 at 4:43 PM, RoccoGilroy said:

Such a nice kit and such a good price.

Thanks @RoccoGilroy!

Scored a kit from Toyota 101 in Redwood City for $19.15 + $1.89 tax = $21.04!!!

Had to order online through ToyotaParts.com and pick up at local Toyota dealer.  Ordered Monday, arrived next day (at dealer).

Most fun I have had with a "Jackson" ($20) in a long time. 😁

John 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just ordered a set from Toyota of Gladstone for $20.76. Pick up was the only option. I think I only drove my 02 after dark once in the last year. But at that price, I’ll drive with my lights on more often. 
Nice work @RoccoGilroy

• Like 2

John M (Formally JMinNJ)
73 2002 Malaga, 74 3.0cs Polaris 

67 NK 2000, 04 e46 330ci

On 2/22/2024 at 11:57 PM, visionaut said:

Euro laws mandate a maximum high-beam peak intensity of 75 per vehicle.  It’s cumulative across all forward lighting

It's 100 should this information intrest anyone.

At that price R 12.5 pots are bargain. If you really want/need (as  the case is here) to lit the road at night you'd should seek higher R's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

I installed these on an FJ60 I owned and it was a great upgrade. Nice audible 'click' between high and low too. Just ordered a set for my roundie. I'll find out soon enough, but is anyone aware if these bulb covers work on the lights?

• Like 1