• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Koito H4 kits CHEAP!!!!!

Hot lead for all of you 02ers out there looking to upgrade to H4 headlights. In searching I discovered that cebie and hella have fallen out of favor. But people seem to love the Japanese H4 Koito’s. In searching I discovered that Toyota sells a kit for FJ’s… Get this! 

Complete kit includes 2 Koito H4 housings

Bulbs

AND

Complete wiring harness with fuses and relays!!!! If you haven’t done your research you need the relays to take the load off the 2002 dip switch. No relays = cooked switch!!! (Like literally cooked… Smoke and stuff… Ask me how I know…)

The best part is, it’s CHEAP!!!! Like cheap cheap… like dirt cheap… I’ve included some pictures and a video. It’s extremely simple to instal and the harness worked flawlessly! Top Toyota quality. Even comes in a Toyota box! No need to cut and splice in anything to your harness. It’s plug and play!!!

My advise is to get them while they’re cheap because if I had to guess, 02 folks are going to catch on fast and the prices are going to get driven up. Just trying to do the community a solid. 

toyota 81110-60p70

IMG_1962.jpeg

IMG_1961.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

IMG_1959.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg

IMG_1955.jpeg

IMG_1954.jpeg

• Like 7

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

I just ordered 2 sets (might as well have spares) from

PARTS.LAKELANDTOYOTA.COM

Shop thousands OEM Toyota * Parts online from Toyota Parts Overstock. Save on the best parts for your vehicle with our discount prices and fast shipping!

who said they had 45 in stock.  $65.xx shipped to TX for the pair.  Hard to beat considering a single 7" round headlight at the local auto parts store is $10+

Edited by calw
update
  • Like 1

Like I said, CHEAP!!!! High quality lights with a high quality harness from a brand you know and trust? It’s one of those rare times when it sounds too good to be true but it’s actually true. It’s an absolute no brainer for anyone who hasn’t upgraded they’re headlights. 

• Like 1

I got my set on eBay for like $50 shipped. Most sites I looked at were like $65 out the door. If I were really really cheap I’d maybe go down to my local Toyota dealership and see if I could order them there and have them shipped to them and pick them up. Don’t know if the dealer markup would make it worth it. 🤷‍♂️worth a try

The $65 that I mentioned above was about half shipping - I think the kits were $16.xx each before shipping from PARTS.LAKELANDTOYOTA.COM  (no affiliation, don't know anything that wasn't on the internet or what they said when I called).  Allegedly the original list price was $23.xx before shipping, and they're now being discounted due to being overstocked. If a local dealer will sell them for list price with no shipping cost, that would be a fine deal.  They almost certainly won't have them in stock though.

Edited by calw
  • Like 1

holy cats- yeah, thanks, that's not much more than a pair of regular old round headlights.

I ordered a set for the FJ60.

heh

t

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

It’s simple plug and play. Plug the new leads into your headlights, plug the drivers side harness plug into the existing socket of your driver existing headlight socket, run the passenger side plug from harness behind the radiator and plug it into the bulb. The passenger side existing harness plug becomes obsolete. 

Attach the red wire to the hot + side of the battery, attach the black side to the negative side of the battery. 

Mount the relays wherever you like. 

Boom, done and done…

• Like 2

Well that's plain nuts! Just ordered  a set for my 73 GMC for 16.92 plus 22.00 shipping using calw's link. Thanks Rocco and calw!! BTW, my past experience with Koito's is that they are outstanding! Freaking nuts!

Bob

• Like 2

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3