• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone selling or know where I can get an Ansa exhaust?

5 hours ago, Alexander said:

35 years ago I thought I needed one of these things on my car. I purchased both, the "Sports" resonator and the muffler that went with it. They made two versions of the muffler. Anyways, after bolting it on and driving around for a week with it, I took it off and replaced it with a stock exhaust. It just gave me a headache and decreased back pressure which decreased driveability, just nonsense.  I suggest not to waste your money with this junk. Stick with your stock "Auspuff".

I had it all sitting in my garage for years in near new condition. And, one day I gave it away to a young 2002 newbie who got big smile on my face after I handed it to him. I told him it was junk, but he wouldn't listen. I guess he had learn the hard way, like me.

The German word "Auspuff" has since stuck with me. I now use it to refer to flatulence.

Exactly. The same thing happened to me, I took it off after a week, and it’s been in the garage ever since… if you really want one I’ll be glad to put you in this one..

A77AA488-37D5-4CEA-9C76-CF5E5BAA2691.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

sent you a pm, @BarneyT

thank you everyone else for your leads and suggestions, given me lots to think about. I understand this exhaust is louder but my dad had one on his roundie 40 years ago and he really liked it so I kinda want to try it out on mine now lol. 

• Like 1

I love my Ansa. Enough low grumble at idle and high rpm sound that I have always loved. I do have the center resonator as well, so that may make my concert damaged ears not hear the drone 😄. Get one.

Edited by RichenFamous
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2023 at 7:37 AM, Dudeland said:

I am sure my neighbours will be appreciative. 

I too would like an ANSA exhaust to appease my neighbors. The only thing they like more than the sound of air tools at midnight is the sweet sound of sport exhaust. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2023 at 2:59 PM, ssp2019 said:
WWW.TURNERMOTORSPORT.COM

I am a big fan of the Supersprint exhaust for the 2002.  It sounds great, no drone, or too loud at highway speed and it adds a few HP.  Looks OEM

I have a cat back Supersprint exhaust on my 91 E30 M42 powered 318i.  Love the exhaust note,  not too loud and it doesn't drone.  

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

On 5/4/2023 at 8:57 PM, [HOONIGAN] said:

sent you a pm, @BarneyT

thank you everyone else for your leads and suggestions, given me lots to think about. I understand this exhaust is louder but my dad had one on his roundie 40 years ago and he really liked it so I kinda want to try it out on mine now lol. 

I had an Ansa system on my ‘70, when I was 17. I loved it. Driving down tree-lined streets at night, with the sunroof open, Radar Love pumping, and the engine making wonderful noises, was sublime! It was absolutely perfect for a 17-year-old who only drove around town. The funny thing is, after I totaled the ‘70, I never had an interest in another Ansa. By 18, my Ansa-Jones had run its course… 😉

Regards,

Steve

7008E920-94FC-45E4-A32B-3D4DF25BE03B.jpeg

• Sad 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

4 hours ago, Conserv said:

Ouch Steve!!  At least it’s nice to see the crumple-zones worked.  That’ll buff right out…

Me, I still like a more robust sound than stock. But I’m picky - it’s not about the loud, it’s about a really deep low end and the throttle rasp, with no droning. Yet still balanced enough to easily hear those sweet induction noises coming from upfront. (how low-end? So you can trigger car alarms rolling by in a covered parking lot.. 😈)

So I went custom — 4:2:1 header into a Turbo resonator into a Billy Boat TriFlo muffler.

(not for everyone but my kinda music)

• Like 4

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

17 hours ago, Conserv said:

I had an Ansa system on my ‘70, when I was 17. I loved it. Driving down tree-lined streets at night, with the sunroof open, Radar Love pumping, and the engine making wonderful noises, was sublime! It was absolutely perfect for a 17-year-old who only drove around town. The funny thing is, after I totaled the ‘70, I never had an interest in another Ansa. By 18, my Ansa-Jones had run its course… 😉

Regards,

Steve

Ouch sorry to see that, glad you enjoyed your time with that car though. I got mine when I was 19 few years back and thought it was so cool because all my friends seem to like BMWs but none of them knew about the the 2002, only the e30s and e46s lol 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 6:01 PM, Dudeland said:

I am planning a road trip with a buddy of mine when I get this done.  I hate having to yell to talk. Does anyone have any good recommendations for car headsets? 

Just to close this thought out.  These guys seem to do a good job.   I think Vice Grip Garage has a discount code. Of course, they don't ship to Canada. 

rugged-radios-logo_rgb-LG.png?height=628
WWW.RUGGEDRADIOS.COM

Rugged Radios offers communications for any environment including offroad, UTV, Jeep, Bronco, Tundra, Tacoma, Raptor, F-Series, racing, motorcycle, dirt bike, industrial, fire, and aviation. Products include business band and GMRS two way radios, intercoms, air pumpers...

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002