• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ITG Megaflow JC50 Air Filter

mofares

Hi Folks, Wanted to know if anyone is using a ITG JC50/40 sausage oval Filter (twin DCOE's) with stock booster. I measured 60mm clearance with my Canon manifolds but don't know if the wider sausage would squeeze in. I know the JC50/25 will fit but then I would have to remove the 26mm stacks. I've read all the treads but maybe someone has the slightly wider filter squeezed into their vehicle and it works before I resort to buying the narrower filter, smaller stacks and baseplate. Thanks in advance. 

itg_itgjc-50-65_d2.jpg

image001.png

Hmmm...I ran w/o stack with K&N type oval filters (attached from IE) and it wasn't as smooth as w/ 26mm stacks and no filter. I played around with lots of jetting, correctors, emulsion tubes and 123 curve and its fairly dialed in. I'll install a AFM next spring and have a shop adjust on a dyno. The oval filters will not allow stacks to slide through due to mounting configuration otherwise I'd just use the filters I have for the time being. Plus I think these oval elements are restrictive not that I have a 175 hp engine and the ITG are proven. I don't drive the car often and I realize long term engine damage can be had w/o a filter but the responsiveness is amazing! 579292525_67390464373__0993C3CA-4404-408A-BFEB-921189936B2C.fullsizerenderCopy.thumb.JPG.c2c3ee2c19ceb51a91e65b06fa033403.JPG 67390339909__E90D54BD-C97A-4DA0-BB09-2BBC4467064E.fullsizerender.thumb.JPG.5767af5985a3acc074710d556e9ceb67.JPGThanks for the reply. 

The problem with the flat- plate filters isn't so much that they're restrictive, it's that they 

sit too close to the the carb throats.  The reversion wave that comes back out

of a sidedraft is quite something to behold.   And air turbulence in the engine

compartment can disrupt it.

I've come to the conclusion that what you really need is a 3 meter clean air box around 

the damned things- otherwise, you're leaving (sometime significant) power on the table.

Constructive suggestions?  Not many.  I use a huge airbox with a paper filter as far away from

the throats as possible, and it's still not idea.

t

took the brakes all the way off.  Much faster that way.

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

If one doesn’t mind a ”little” exercise one can move mc/booster assembly more towards the inner wing. Easy 15 mm or so more room to be had. I did this to clear S14 air box.

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

1 hour ago, TobyB said:

The problem with the flat- plate filters isn't so much that they're restrictive, it's that they 

sit too close to the the carb throats.  The reversion wave that comes back out

of a sidedraft is quite something to behold.   And air turbulence in the engine

compartment can disrupt it.

I have a set of these inside of my filters. Click for a larger picture of ITG "Stubby" Bolt-On Radiused Inlet for 45 DCOE, 13mm High Not sure if it makes any difference.

• Like 1

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga