• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 tii - time to sell, need a strategy

Andy74tii

Andy, if you don't have to sell, Do Not! If as another poster says, your 401k is not a 201k and you don't need the $$$s and you are driving your baby 1250 miles a year, and you have all that time and love in her, you will regret it. Seller's remorse is much worse than buyer's remorse. 

It took me two years to reach the point where I could sell my Polaris 74 CSi that I tracked for many years. But it was time and I knew it. How did I know? The car needed more work than I could afford or was willing to put into it.  I was not driving it enough. Try less than 500 miles a year. I was 78, it was time to pass it on to a new younger steward.  I am still in touch with the great guy who bought it.  He has the resources, the space, the youth, and clincher, he is 20 minutes from Don's Werke Shop where his new baby spent its first winter.

If you don't meet most of my criteria your decision seems obvious to me.

Steve

• Like 2

Good answers to the Bat questions.

One worrisome thing about this sale is it does not come up on BaT if you google https://bringatrailer.com/bmw/2002/

I didn't see it until you posted on FAQ. One has to search for 2002tii. This a very annoying practice of BaT and has been mentioned here in the past about 1600's. It is unfair because the average buyer thinks tiis and 1600's are just types of 2002s.

Edited by Georges

engine small.jpg

Hey guys, thanks for all the support - my tii sold for $33K, which met my reserve. Funny - one of the folks watching the auction reached out to me - happens to be the drummer for the group the Old97s, and the guy I bought the car from back in 2000! Brought back some memories, as I bought it based on a post Phil had on the old Roadfly forum, just prior to the dawn of this excellent forum. If you guys don't mind, I will stop in every now and then to check in. This will be my first time without an 02 since 1981!

Thanks again,

Andy74tii

• Like 1

FAQ Member #126

On 6/25/2022 at 8:54 PM, Andy74tii said:

That is great, thank you! Another fun bit of history, not sure if anyone remembers this fellow William who had a tii he called "Tip Top" here, he used to build tii fuel injection tools, I bought some from him, and these will go with the sale. This tii also has a radiator (number 00230) from Curt Ingraham (RIP). Neat stuff.

C03F18D4-8704-40BB-8117-DCF2DDE73422_1_201_a.jpeg

A3801222-711F-4883-BD7F-435B2FE7569C.jpeg

I have one of the last Curt Ingraham (RIP) radiator's in my 74 tii as well, a quality product. 

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

16 hours ago, Gordon said:

I have one of the last Curt Ingraham (RIP) radiator's in my 74 tii as well, a quality product. 

I also have one of the Silicon Garage radiators on my 74tii that I purchased from Curt (RIP) shortly before he turned the business over to somebody else.  Like you say quality product.  It's still going strong.  Yearly coolant changes help a lot with keeping the stock radiators alive...

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️