• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ireland Engineering

Lerak

Hey Folks,

More of a public service announcement than anything but I thought I'd share the news that IE seems to be rolling as normal again. I placed an order last Thursday for some hardware and it is arriving here in Canada tomorrow. I'd even dare say that is faster than the last time I ordered from them before the site shut down.

Hope this is helpful to anyone considering ordering.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Good to know-

Just ordered some rebuilt tii calipers from them last night. Hope to get them Wed/Thurs so I can install them Friday before a group drive Sat.

W

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

I tried to purchase a header ,fuel rail for my Webbers and a tube of anti-seize.

I had three emails asking me if they should ship what they have ? I said yes.

On the Eleventh day of nothing shipped  I get a call telling me the header is out of stock and they only have

them with ceramic coat for another $120.  Oh and hey someone else cancelled their order so they now have a fuel rail.

The Website states everything is in stock all eleven days, but hey what do they know. 

I decided to cancel the whole order.  At this point my opinion of them is nothing but a Clown Show.

To bad they have some things I would like to buy.  

I think I'll just wait for The Going Out of Business sale. 

5 minutes ago, jp5Touring said:

I tried to purchase a header ,fuel rail for my Webbers and a tube of anti-seize.

I had three emails asking me if they should ship what they have ? I said yes.

On the Eleventh day of nothing shipped  I get a call telling me the header is out of stock and they only have

them with ceramic coat for another $120.  Oh and hey someone else cancelled their order so they now have a fuel rail.

The Website states everything is in stock all eleven days, but hey what do they know. 

I decided to cancel the whole order.  At this point my opinion of them is nothing but a Clown Show.

To bad they have some things I would like to buy.  

I think I'll just wait for The Going Out of Business sale. 

Ouch. I always had great luck just calling them.  Seemed faster and more reliable than the web orders.  Easier than waiting for (hoping?) them to go out of business.  The more businesses that keep 02s running the better.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2016 BMW 535i M Sport

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Yeah that is rough. I need to get side drafts and all the associated paraphernalia in the next few months and these stories definitely worry me. Hoping they are getting over the hump and working out the kinks rather than embracing impending doom.

I hope so too I guess, I need valve guides quickly and would have ordered from them but was scared off by tales of  long waits to learn that stuff is out of stock.

I ordered from big box parts store but they should be here in three days. At least thats what their latest tracking Email says. Thats right, I ordered on Sun and have multiple order updates on Weds afternoon including confirmation that the guides I need are in stock.

Loyalty to 2002 institutions is a good thing but so is not stressing about where your parts are?

In business, efficiency is life...Unless you're a government contractor.

Edited by tech71
  • Like 3

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

1 hour ago, jrhone said:

Ouch. I always had great luck just calling them.  Seemed faster and more reliable than the web orders.  Easier than waiting for (hoping?) them to go out of business.  The more businesses that keep 02s running the better.   

Not wishing or hoping anyone goes out of business. Just my opinion of where their going. Old habits are hard to break.

I was sent two invoices on different days with different invoice #'s.  I was sent two emails on different days asking me if

I wanted what they had shipped. Replied to both within a hour to ship what they had. Then a phone call days later saying the header was now out of stock.

He sounded relieved on the phone that I cancelled.  I do hope they get their shit together, just not too optimistic.

People just need to realize what can happen when ordering from them.  

I'm sure this Summer I might try ordering the  fuel rail, looks like a nice piece.But knowing it might show up or might not.

9 hours ago, Lerak said:

Hey Folks,

More of a public service announcement than anything but I thought I'd share the news that IE seems to be rolling as normal again. I placed an order last Thursday for some hardware and it is arriving here in Canada tomorrow. I'd even dare say that is faster than the last time I ordered from them before the site shut down.

Hope this is helpful to anyone considering ordering.

Thanks.

If they’re truly back to normal then your hardware won’t be in the box and it’ll take 2-3 tries to get what you ordered.

I understand they’ve had some justified criticism recently but the lack of inventory and delays are industry wide. I have a different enthusiast car I tried getting parts for, the first shop called me a week after I placed the order and said august at the earliest. I cancelled and ordered online from another vendor that showed the parts in stock. They cancelled my order the next day saying indefinite back order. The third vendor said june, which seemed prompt by that point. 

Here’s hoping we can all have a return to normalcy soon. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike G said:

If they’re truly back to normal then your hardware won’t be in the box and it’ll take 2-3 tries to get what you ordered.

I understand they’ve had some justified criticism recently but the lack of inventory and delays are industry wide. I have a different enthusiast car I tried getting parts for, the first shop called me a week after I placed the order and said august at the earliest. I cancelled and ordered online from another vendor that showed the parts in stock. They cancelled my order the next day saying indefinite back order. The third vendor said june, which seemed prompt by that point. 

Here’s hoping we can all have a return to normalcy soon. 

So FWIW the order arrived today and everything looks right to me. It was just a rear subframe hardware kit though so pretty tough to mess up. Hopefully a step in the right direction, still holding out hope I can get the rest of what I need from them this summer. 

Unfortunately these days more than anytime in our history...”If it bleeds it reads” Unfortunately ...

I had an engine rebuilt two months ago and Ireland supplied me with the vast majority of the parts 

They were not able to supply me with the main bearings.. Simply as they explained they happened to be on back order from their supplier... Message received 

Im sure it’s probably just me. But, every time I’ve ordered from them (I only use the phone) I’ve been amazed at how fast my items get shipped and received in California 

It appears the above comments (negative) were probably out of frustration of not being able to get started on our long list of 02 projects

All this to say I love dealing with Ireland Engineering... Their good out weighs their bad..

Glad to have them around..... STILL 

Airborne

• Like 5

Never had great success with IE however after how they responded to the 'restoshop' owner who was looking for his parts, I will source parts elsewhere.  Totally unprofessional. I am only one man.......but one with choices.

Had great success with IE, via email and phone regarding orders and a good shipping experience on multiple orders.  Ditto on all suppliers having inventory issues as I have had problems with a number of suppliers this year.  Shipping....now that's a whole different story that hopefully will be resolved here soon by all the carriers.

Just about everyone is running into supply/staffing/transport issues.

I am still in a Covid state of mind. I celebrate the orders that get filled and shipped on time, and wait patiently for orders that don't. I think everyone is trying their best and there still is an expectation that things should be the way they were pre-Covid, but we aren't there yet.

Just check out the current Oregon numbers.

Cheers to everyone!

Stay safe, vigilant and patient, we will eventually get there. 

• Like 5

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty but runs. Just like me.