• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do about front strut inserts?

tdskip

So after doing a bunch of calling around the Koni’s  are not available now and apparently neither are Boge.

Looks like I am going to be doing this job twice.

BTW -  looks like the Suspension Techniques 22/19 sway bars are also out of stock .

7 minutes ago, tdskip said:

So after doing a bunch of calling around the Koni’s  are not available now and apparently neither are Boge.

Looks like I am going to be doing this job twice.

BTW -  looks like the Suspension Techniques 22/19 sway bars are also out of stock .

I ordered my Koni 86 1519 Sport inserts from Shockwarehouse earlier this year. 

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

I gave up on the blistein b8 fronts, ordered some time in Nov 2019, waited up until last month. Switched my tire rack order to the koni sports. Installed and they’re great. Handles much better than the blown kyb inserts. 

I ordered B8 fronts and waited for a year with "should be available in a couple months".  Ended up finding a pair from JAYMIC last August, but I paid a mint for them.  Might be worth seeing if they still have any around, but looks like their website now says out of stock.

21 hours ago, TobyB said:

I prefer Koni to Bilstone-

Why?

EDIT, nnnevermind.  I did a search of Bilstone and got 18 hits.

I found this quote, "They're still famous for being awfully stiff in compression, and thus, kind of uncomfortable..."

Edited by '76mintgrün'02
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, tdskip said:

Ordered Koni yellows from Tire Rack, they are showing 7/15 delivery.

Anyone want to put money on them showing up?

I ordered mine in March and thought the same thing. They did show up however?, I think just like a few days late. I believe they ship from the Koni USA warehouse not tire rack or whatever supplier you use.

There be surm hope

Edited by MitchaPaLoOza88

Fahrt Start

50 minutes ago, tdskip said:

Anyone want to put money on them showing up?

I just called them (Koni USA) on a direct order I placed in March.  I was told that they are expecting a shipment tomorrow, July 10th.  Fingers crossed your order and my order ships next week.

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Bilsteins exhibit digressive damping, they start out with tons of compression damping. the damping decreases with speed of the shock movement. Koni's I believe are linear. 

Digressive damping, a characteristic of  race shocks, is good for control at higher loads, and especially at speed, but not so good for ride comfort (i.e. you feel every bump).

ie digressive curves suck for normal street use imho. i knew this fact 30 years ago when i put a

set of HD's on my 2002. back roads were miserable