• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Tasty BaT offering...EH!

joysterm

22 minutes ago, jgerock said:

A show car that had only been driven less than 500 miles after VSR built it.  Wonder if the new owner has driven it?

yes.  building a car like that and not driving it HARD is a colossal waste of an S14.  actually most all of the S14's that get dropped into 2002's are colossal wastes of S14's...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2xM3

13 minutes ago, COOP said:

Not sure that I’d wish that upon him lol. I actually thought that the selling price was correct for the car all-in-all, assuming that the motor is ok. I don’t see it as “unbelievable” at all.

meh.  $15k engine stuffed into $30k decent normal 02 restoration = $45k

and that is right at where the seller had set the reserve........

2xM3

5 hours ago, M2M3 said:

yes.  building a car like that and not driving it HARD is a colossal waste of an S14.  actually most all of the S14's that get dropped into 2002's are colossal wastes of S14's...

AHEM!

:D

• Haha 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

8 hours ago, ArtSpeed said:

I’d mentioned in my BaT comments that most of the glitches on this car were low- or Ø-$$ fixes. A couple-3 weekends and the new owner should be good.

but they were all you could see from some photos. I suspect Stevie Wonder made a few more serious mistakes when building this car, and would you trust the engine from a seller like that? Hope you're right and with a few hours work the new owner has a cracker.

• Like 3

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

14 hours ago, M2M3 said:

9 hours ago, ray_ said:

AHEM!

:D

He said *most.*

I have to admit, I really like driving my car.

• Like 4

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

8 hours ago, NickVyse said:

but they were all you could see from some photos. I suspect Stevie Wonder made a few more serious mistakes when building this car, and would you trust the engine from a seller like that? Hope you're right and with a few hours work the new owner has a cracker.

the speedo issue was a huge red flag on the build. 

either...

a/ they did such little research that they didn't know there is no gear in the trans for the speedo.  (not likely if they read the AardVark manual)  this leads to "what else have they screwed up that can't be seen?"

b/ they knew it needed a gear, but threw the trans in the car anyway, "faked" up the cable and shoved the cluster in the dash, then soft pedaled the issue in the ad comments.  this is just plain intentional deception ...pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!  why the heck would you install the trans if you KNEW it had to come out and get torn down to install a speedo drive gear?????

wonder what the car would have gone for if:

-they had just spent a bit extra effort to finish the car correctly

-the seller had acknowledged the issues up front and addressed them.

the dealer just seemed to try to white-wash (pun intended) everything.  ready to go!  my shop said all is fine!  just a part and the speedo will work!  we measured everything and the tires won't rub!  even at the end refusing to answer common questions in the auction. 

it all just smelled bad.  i would not buy a car from that dealer.... 

but heck, they are laughing all the way to the bank now....

Edited by M2M3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2xM3

17 hours ago, M2M3 said:

uhh..really?

its a lighter BMW chassis that is tossable...engine bolts right up....turns a dog into a cheetah..

those are all terrible ideas!...l o l

You've just shamed RAY, irdave'... some of the most respected members

you need to esplain' yourself Lucy when you toss bombs like that out

Edited by iinca

30 minutes ago, iinca said:

uhh..really?

its a lighter BMW chassis that is tossable...engine bolts right up....turns a dog into a cheetah..

those are all terrible ideas!

You've just shamed RAY, irdave'... some of the most respected members

you need to esplain' yourself Lucy when you toss bombs like that out

because a bunch of S14's that get put in 2002's seem to be done to get bragging rights at the cars and coffee's.  the engines never get used where they shine...5k - 7.5k rpm.   call me an S14 snob...i am a function over form guy which is probably obvious in most all of my nearly 12,000 posts here.   why make performance mods if you aren't actually going to make them perform... ?

not shaming anyone....got an S14 powered 02?  (or any modified 02) use it!  put the dang q-tips away and bring it to the track...i get lonely out there.

bah, enough wasted ramblings on a saturday morning.  gotta go figure out why the Alpha-N on one of the S14's is running rich...track season is opening back up soon!  yeeee ha!

regards,

Lucy (not a respected member of the FAQ apparently?)

Edited by M2M3
  • Like 1

2xM3

So if you don't take your appx. 200 hp car to the track your an ediot?

and yes you did shame alot of M2 members in an indirect way. The % of M2

owners who don't go to the track has to be significantly higher than ones that do. I'd

guess its 90% don't and 10% do.

the world is not all about racing.