• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many dollars do you think it took to get your 02' right?

Scottwattz

4 hours ago, Guy Cocquyt said:

This string is beginning to sound like an AA meeting. ?

Hello. My name is Edward.  I’m a 02holic. It had been 2 days since my last purchase, ball joints from Amazon.  Just today I went to the boneyard and bought E28 visors and Focus door seals.  

When will it end?  When?????   

7AC7B410-F6CA-4443-9A82-FA5CA5183E0D.jpeg

Edited by tashakes
  • Like 3

76 BMW 2002 Arktisblau M42 5 spd - Born 5.21.76 - daily money pit * 06 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 6 spd * 73 Mustang Convertible 351C * 11 Aston Martin Rapide V12 * 15 VW Touareg * 23 Audi e-tron SUV (wife's)

sig_banner.jpg.5aeae468aebf7c560d52fe62d249efbd.jpg

Hello. My name is Edward.  I’m a 02holic. It had been 2 days since my last purchase, ball joints from Amazon.  Just today I went to the boneyard and bought E28 visors and Focus door seals.  

When will it end?  When?????   
7AC7B410-F6CA-4443-9A82-FA5CA5183E0D.thumb.jpeg.1ab684d1af487f44ab586a3de85657ce.jpeg
Remember 1 step is we admitted we are powerless over BMW 2002s, - that our lives had become unmanageable...

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Probably 40-45k€ (stopped counting at 25) and I am still far from "right". Next big thing is getting a ti/sa 5 Speed gearbox - they just cost what the seller is asking and you pay if you can get one. There is other stuff where you just buy when you get your hands on things like a 240kp/h Schnitzer speedo an Alpina Rollbar or a 100 Liter Aluminium Tank.
But that also includes hoarding a lot surplus stuff like having bought 5 sets of wheels a couple nice old MOMOs and about 10 period Recaro and Scheel seats. If I get rid of them once my car is finished it'll be all good.

• Like 1

Paraphrasing a friend of mine: 

" We are not addicts. Addicts go to meetings, we are 'Enthusiasts'" 

• Like 11

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

I love these posts. The other day I was leafing through Taylor and McCartney's, "The BMW 2002, A Comprehensive Guide..." Inside, deeply buried, I found the faded receipt tapes all stapled together from Korman's work on the Turbo. Still blows me away, but so did the car. 

Budget is not the issue. Well, of course it is but what you really have to be clear-eyed about is your personality disorders. How obsessive compulsive are you? While looking in the mirror while shaving do you compliment yourself on your self discipline, or like some, look sadly at the mirror and say, "You are the dumbest SOB to come down the pike" and then get on with buying a close ratio steering box?" Of course you can just stop shaving.

• Like 2

I have owned The Deuce for over 10 years.   Spent north of 30 k to keep her in tip top condition. Fun I have had with this car.....priceless?.  Actually had a gentleman follow me last week until I got to my destination.   Just so he could talk to me about 02’s.  So many fun memories.  Great people I’ve meet along the way.  How can we put a price on that.  

• Like 2

1972 2002 Sahara
2017 228i

2019 F 250

I have to admit that I get great joy from driving my car at its current level of completion, when it was like this I really had almost as much fun. If you drive it regularly it’s almost always a great day 

F590D4BA-5F4F-4F89-B77C-3D0318B00488.thumb.jpeg.e919279fc07c533f8dfcda542fea09e2.jpeg

• Like 4

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook