• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas 02berfest

Just a few days away from Terry and Debbie's Fall 02berfest!  Below is the last email sent with information on the event.  Looking forward to the weekends event!  Greg Resa

Dear Fellow 02BerFest Attendees!

We are about a month away from our FALL TEXAS 02BerFest RALLY, October 25-28, 2018.  Debbie and I just returned from running the route, checking out restaurants, making sure the Hill Country is ready for the arrival of our beautiful collection of Vintage BMWs.  It’s going to be another spectacular weekend!

So you can best plan your weekend, here are a few details--

--Our host hotel is The Peach Tree Inn and Suites, 401 South Washington, Fredericksburg.  All rooms we blocked are taken.    There are several nearby options; if you are having trouble finding lodging, contact Debbie.

--Feel free to join us for all or any part of the event, as your schedule allows.

A brief look at the AGENDA…

Thursday, October 25, 2018:  Those wishing to drive together to F-burg should meet at Terry Sayther Automotive, 1606 Fortview Rd, Austin, TX.  78704,  at 1pm.  We will depart promptly at 1:30pm for a backroads drive to our host hotel.  Dinner will be on your own; we will provide a list of great restaurants.  We never know how many people are coming—which makes it difficult to plan group meals.

Friday, October 26, 2018:  CULTURE DAY!    We will be visiting the National Museum of the Pacific War.  It is a huge complex; plenty to see, or revisit.  Lunch on your own and at your leisure.

We will have an OPTIONAL Hare and Hound Rally at 4pm, lasting approx. 1-1/2 hours.  Dinner to follow, for hounds and non-hounds.

After dinner, a super secret field trip with Terry.  Advice:  Don’t judge too early, this is a really cool collection.

Saturday, October 27, 2018:  Hill Country Drive, a day of great vistas, great people, great cars. Breakfast first,  lunch along the way.     This year we would like to try and eat together at the Peach Tree Inn after the drive;  we have arranged to have the Meeting Room there in case of inclement weather.  Let’s order some pizzas and relax?!  We are bringing waters, sodas, cookies, brownies…feel free to contribute.

Sunday, October 28, 2018:  Breakfast together, then back to reality.

Please join us for all or any portion of the event!  If you have any questions, please feel free to email, or call Debbie at (512) 627 2556.

Terry Sayther
terndeb@saytherauto.com
Terry Sayther Automotive
512-442-1361

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

Replaced my crapped-out starter last night. The S14 starter I put in has a funky whine... may replace it again; or not.  See ya'll at Terry's for the drive out.

• Like 2

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Fresh tires yesterday, to better traverse low water crossings, plus a fire extinguisher just in case. 

For those that haven’t joined in the past, this is a great time.

We’ll miss the drive out on Thurs, but will join Fri in time for Hare and Hounds. 

• Like 2

74 2002tii (Sputter) - Not entirely stock - Over 18K miles since full restoration in 2014

15 BMW X5 diesel (the bombed out roads of Houston finally won)

Jim, we did a 'water crossing' on I-40 around Winston-Salem in Hurricane Michael!

Looks like a great time in Texas. Such an excellent event, had a fantastic time last year. Hopefully I can make it in 2019. 

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

58 minutes ago, adawil2002 said:

Jim, we did a 'water crossing' on I-40 around Winston-Salem in Hurricane Michael!

Looks like a great time in Texas. Such an excellent event, had a fantastic time last year. Hopefully I can make it in 2019. 

Definitely lots of water on I-40 that day.

Here's the "trickle" crossing at Shelton Vineyards in 2009.

Watercrossing.jpg

• Like 3

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

10 hours ago, zinz said:

1E7B62E7-15C9-412F-8EED-B3A3ED41C600.thumb.jpeg.7c48549e001bc9ebc2436d73d633f59a.jpeg

. . . clearly putting the boat like bow of the 2002's shape to good use. . .  

Actually, though, a 2002'd be a good car for deep water.  The intake, ignition  and alternator are pretty high up and there's no modern day computers.  A tii, though, is  less good, with its low mounted alternator.

You guys will have a great day today - 70s and sunny through the weekend!

Edited by g_force
  • Like 3

Josh (in Dallas)

'72 tii

Another stellar day in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. 18 cars in all. 

E1CBE758-2A2D-44AF-B0FB-C6D4030100D0.thumb.jpeg.bbc894db4af8d970b8415fa01b8a5e3b.jpeg

Thank you Terry, Debbie, and all the crew at Vintage Bimmers for making this happen. A fantastic event...

26C9FF8F-3E23-4B7A-8BF0-95301C6BA06A.thumb.jpeg.567d6f84348eded6e96d28bd698a4d06.jpeg

Ed Z

• Like 6

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool