• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gauge Cluster in Center Console

doza59

Yes.

Vacuum / Boost, mechanical Oil Pressure, oil temperature; hidden is the LED (dot) display for the knock sensor and fuel mixture.

The problem is the glare off the gauges. I used long NLA rubber VDO "eyebrows", which were not NLA when I installed them.

I used a piece of exotic hardwood instead of the OE plastic.

PB294373 (Small).JPG

Very common location for gauges as it is a bit of dead space otherwise. Check out the Kooglewerks faceplates for what is a great solution. That being said, they are a bit tricky to really examine while driving as  they are so far out of the line of sight. Pods mounted on the top of the dash alongside the instruments are actually more practical but might not be the look you are after. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

This is a Parker Performance console kit. Obviously, only partially implemented. I also bought gauges from Parker for a reasonable price (IIRC, oil pressure, oil temp and voltmeter). Still to install- I installed my AFM while I am tuning my DCOEs.

Something is wrong with the Parker website (http://www.parkerperformance.com/) because I can't get it to show me their BMW console products- but then maybe it a problem on my end..

console1.JPG

console2.JPG

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga

18 hours ago, Simeon said:

Pods mounted on the top of the dash alongside the instruments are actually more practical

If your car has the Fasten Seat Belts sign atop the dash (mid-72 and later) it's the perfect spot for extra gauges.  There's a large hole under that seat belt sign, plenty big for wiring, and there are already two mounting holes.  And you don't have to take your eyes off the road to read gauges up there...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

1 hour ago, mike said:

If your car has the Fasten Seat Belts sign atop the dash (mid-72 and later) it's the perfect spot for extra gauges.  There's a large hole under that seat belt sign, plenty big for wiring, and there are already two mounting holes.  And you don't have to take your eyes off the road to read gauges up there...

mike

Yeah, top of the dash is a much better location for critical gauges. I've had mine set up that way for a very long time.

(Apologies for the sub-optimal cellphone photo).

IMG_20180818_144858_Modified.jpg

--

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.