• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know Bobby Yang

14 hours ago, Dudeland said:

Sorry maybe I am snappy, but $7500 at 15% margin means that you have to sell about $45,000 of stuff just to cover your loss. 

Proof, Dude, proof that the guy we're slamming did it.

We don't have that.  There's a big 'he said, she said' right now.

He mighta done it, and that will come out in the wash.  His roomate mighta.  His momma,  We don't know.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

1 minute ago, Ireland Engineering said:

UPDATE:

We got wired half the money yesterday. We are still awaiting the other half.

Excellent!

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

On 7/25/2018 at 9:53 AM, Ireland Engineering said:

Good News. I own my own online business and get screwed with fraudulent purchases all the time.  CC companies just yank it back out of my account and I'm left with no product and no money. I stopped calling the local police because they never do shit about it. Never. I think it's awesome that the community was able to help in any way. Maybe there's a real story behind this somewhere so I'm not going to judge. Just glad your making some headway. The guy paying half is an admittance of the  $ owed which is a huge thing if you have to go to court. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2018 at 9:08 AM, jireland2002 said:

Does anyone know -  Bobby Yang  2907 Harrison Street, Oakland, California

Bobby Yang had placed an order for $1.7k on my website 02bumpers.com on July 10th, 2018. The order was paid for in full and I shipped the entire order on 07/11/2018. I shipped all product to the above stated address. Yesterday I received a phone call from Benchmark Steel in Hollister saying they had a fraudulent charge on their credit card through my website. It matched Bobby Yangs order... He used Benchmark Steel's billing address with his name on top. 

He used this shipping address:

Erich Horat 

2907 Harrison St
Oakland, California, United States 94611 

I contacted Erich who owns Precision Motors in Oakland (addresses don't match) and he said he had Bobby's car in his shop for a while. He made it very clear that Bobby was a fraud and has an immense distaste for him. He seems to be the only one who has met Bobby face to face, for what it's worth.  

The credit card company has reversed the charge. Bobby already has the parts which include: Full wrap around bumper set, extra pair of front overriders, extra front seam covers, extra rear seam covers. I need @glyif pay for the product he purchased in full. 

I haven't gone to the police yet and I am hoping to resolve this before I have to do so. Please help!

I am just stating all of this for the record. 

Best regards,

Chris Broemmelsiek

Owner at 02bumpers.com

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 8:53 AM, Ireland Engineering said:

UPDATE:

How did you get in touch with Bobby? Through the FAQ? or does he have a working email address/phone number? Thanks in advance. 

-Chris

• Like 1

Erich Horat (owner of Precision Motors) is a top quality guy. I have known him for years and have sent many customers to him. Sorry to hear that he too had to deal with this scumbag. This fool needs a serious beat-down.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, 02bumpers said:

I haven't gone to the police yet and I am hoping to resolve this before I have to do so. Please help!

I am just stating all of this for the record. 

Best regards,

Chris Broemmelsiek

Owner at 02bumpers.com

Sounds like a real d-bag to me based on what I am reading.  I like your optimism, but in the mean time he is probably out there ripping other people off.  If it were me, at this point given everything else....I would be contacting the police (for what they may be worth in the matter).  I am a believer in what comes around, goes around...it will come back around on him, only a matter of time.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, COOP said:

Erich Horat (owner of Precision Motors) is a top quality guy. I have known him for years and have sent many customers to him. Sorry to hear that he too had to deal with this scumbag. This fool needs a serious beat-down.

Erich was extremely helpful. He seems like a very honest dude. 

• Like 1

Update: The co owner of the car (now the sole owner?) contacted me he paid half of the cost today and said he will have the rest of the bumper order paid for by August 10th. He seems willing to settle this whole thing with me once he completes the payment for the IE order. I am hopeful we will get all this squared away. 

Edited by 02bumpers
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bibm5 said:

Hopefully the money he wired to you didn't come from some other persons account.

We really hope not, not sure how you can get money back from a wire though. He used Plastiq, a company that basically uses a CC to make a wire transfer. Actually any info on if there could be a potential charge back on a wire transfer of this sort would be helpful.

4 hours ago, 02bumpers said:

How did you get in touch with Bobby? Through the FAQ? or does he have a working email address/phone number? Thanks in advance.

Not you too!!!! We know of about 5 companies now that this man has frauded. Basically through the FAQ we contacted him and one of the other companies he frauded gave us his contact info. Actually his phone number was on our orders and he even picked up the phone before he realized we caught on. We have an email for him PM if you want it. Anyways be ready to submit claims to police/FBI/PI/whoever in case he gives you the run around.

We aren't entirely sure on the his whole side of the story and what has been said smells really fishy to be honest. I mean who does that much business like that? Gives cash and Venmo to someone and has them buy parts online for you with a CC??? With the latest order he made, the whole deal with us was over 10K in parts (combined with the other companies we are talking a very substantial amount of money). Also we get emails from him and PM on the FAQ and tries to play like they are two separate people. Feel like this "Bobby Yang" and his "housemate" are one and the same...our .02 so be careful.

It is however clear to us "Bobby" is in on it. After a substantial amount of parts were sent in the first batch of orders we realized our mistake and that this was fraud. He tried to place more orders with us, and we turned the tables on him and gave HIM the run around (we were talking on the phone regularly about his orders and have recorded conversation of this). We offered him a savings on shipping since one of us was traveling to the bay area we offered to just drop off at his residence to which he agreed. Of course we had no intention of doing this and after the agreed upon time to drop off parts there were no more phone calls from Mr. Yang. Why? Because he realized we caught on. Which is also probably why he pulled Erich Horat into this as well because Bobby's name didn't appear on this latest invoice, just Erich's. Which turned out to be his mistake because Erich is a stand up guy, and actually led to more info on him.

Please keep us updated and let us know how things turn out. CC companies will not allow you to dispute the chargeback on the CC if the billing and shipping addresses on the invoice are different.

Again not sure how he was doing it (aka getting through all the fraud filters on our website/Authorize.net), usually the frauds that DO occur make no sense (ie order quantities make no sense) or you can check and see they've tried several different cards before they got one to go through. This guy got through the orders the first time, every time with out tripping any of the fraud filters.

And finally yes the owner of Precision Motors, Erich, has been EXTREMELY Helpful. Good guy too.

PS. we were supposed to get another small transfer made last week but never saw anything show up in our account.

'67 1600 B Sedan Race Car #5

'72 2002 B Sedan Lite Race Car #13

'83 E30 323i Bauer M30B35 Swapped