• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is under the hood in this beast?

jrkoupe

He/She doesn't like to be behind other cars, does he/she...

Awesome video, thanks for sharing.  Under the hood I see dual Weber DCOE 45's and an Alpina Valve Cover on a M10 motor.  Should have been posted by Get the "F" out of my way Racing.

Mark92131

Edited by Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

29 minutes ago, VWJake said:

That’s a VW engine/trans... looking a little closer it would seem that rig is intended to only turn in one direction really well. Hornet?

It’s not the one from the vid, just seeing if anyone would believe it.  BJ Barbieri would know more about the fwd vw 02.  I. Haven’t a clue, other than it hurts my insides.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

On 3/10/2018 at 1:18 PM, VWJake said:

With the way the driver is sawing on that wheel I’d say they’re keeping right on the ragged edge. Cool vid. That engine does sound strong.

cool vid and beautiful race car, but..

the way the driver is sawing at the wheel tells me the car is not setup very well.  abrupt oversteer everywhere. driver is making constant radical saves.   needs some suspension tuning work.....

and what is with the DA display on the bottom of the steering wheel?  no way to ever actually see it since it is below sight line and constantly moving.

2xM3

5 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

The last frame of the video, when they enter the pit area, they lift the hood.

M.

actually the middle of the video.  he pulls into pit, gets out opens hood and futzes with the ignition system.  helmet cam provides lots of underhood views.

2xM3