• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Anniversary

02Anders

I do realise that there are a few enthusiasts in here who can easily beat my 25 years spent with the same 02, but nonetheless, I still feel that its worthy of celebration...  :P

http://www.viaretro.co.uk/2017/10/silver-anniversary/

Oh and also, may I please encourage leaving a reply on the ViaRETRO site...??  I'd really appreciate it...  ;)

• Like 3

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

Congrats!  That’s a long time to own the same car.  I’ve owned 02s for a couple decades, but the longest I’ve managed to keep a single one is nine years.  

• Like 1

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

Thx Brandon,

Considering the number of enthusiasts I know, who seem to swap out their classic every year or maybe second year if they get really fond of it, I think you've done alright keeping one for nine years.  

A big thank you to Scott C Aaron for leaving a reply on ViaRETRO!  :)

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

congratulations Anders!  No swapping out my classic here.  Owned mine since 1974.  Just last weekend I turned over 199,000 miles (unfortunately not with original engine) so I've reached a small milestone myself.  Best wishes for your next 25 years!

• Like 2

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

@yeewiz, I just knew someone was going to seriously outdo me here!!  :lol:
So have you owned yours since new?  If so, that's pretty damned awesome!  Just imagine owning a car for 43 years and having been the only owner for  all that time.  Well, the thing is, you Sir don't have to imagine that...  ;)
With my NullZwei now having 318,000 km on her (equating to 197,000 miles), our two 02's have covered almost identical mileage though...

• Like 1

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

And one more original owner--since 4 May 1969--plus I still have my first car (Renault 4CV), bought in June 1963!  I tend to keep my cars for awhile!

Anders, go for another 25 years!

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

yes Anders, I'm an original owner.  It's a great feeling to still love and drive the car all these years.

wow, nice original owner roll call here!  just totally awesome! :D

• Like 1

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

WOW!  That's an amazing five "original owners" making themself known in just this one thread.  That's pretty amazing!
Then there's also @Conserv who I know also still owns a 2002 which he bought from brand new.

Well seeing as there's no way I can possibly make up for the 19 first years of my NullZwei's life being spent with three other owners, I will naturally forever be lagging behind you guys.  But I've made the most of our 25 years together, and @mike I can assure you that I am indeed going for another 25...  :)

• Like 1

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

And yet another original owner checking in.  Purchased my 71 2002 from Belcourt Motors in Seattle in Feb 1971.  Still have it and looking fwd to driving it tomorrow to my Saturday job. Congrats to all the other original owners.  Be thankful that we know the history of our cars.  Many others do not have that luxury.

Charlie

• Like 3

On 10/26/2017 at 6:52 AM, 02Anders said:

I do realise that there are a few enthusiasts in here who can easily beat my 25 years spent with the same 02, but nonetheless, I still feel that its worthy of celebration...  :P

http://www.viaretro.co.uk/2017/10/silver-anniversary/

Oh and also, may I please encourage leaving a reply on the ViaRETRO site...??  I'd really appreciate it...  ;)

Congratulations, Anders!  That’s a big anniversary, and one that only a relatively small percentage of car owners will ever celebrate!  And your car is darned lucky to be in your hands.  Just think, it could wear a different set of rims every week for a year!  ?

Other than my accidental ownership of the ‘76 for 41 years, I’ve never, and probably never will own any other car for 25 years.  Tell me, when you purchased your car 25 years ago, what was your plan?  Did you envision owning that car 25 years later?

(Why do I own my ‘02 forty-one years and three months after I purchased it?  First, off, I always loved my ‘02 — but I believe I’ve loved every car I’ve ever owned: without regard to strengths, weaknesses, etc.  But, in 1983, at 7 years old, my ‘76 needed some never-completely-diagnosed engine work — maybe a new timing chain tensioner, certainly a head rebuild.  It also needed — damn you, BMW — a complete re-paint.  A 7-year-old, one-owner ‘76, in need of no engine work and no paint would probably have been worth, say, $1,000 at that time.  A good paint job, at that time, would have cost me $2,500.  The engine work?  At least $750.  As much as I loved the ‘76, I couldn’t see investing $3,250 in a car that would then be worth $1,000.  And....why bother selling the car for $400-$600 as is when my parents had an un-used bay in their garage?  So it went into the garage in Pennsylvania, and I got it inspected more-or-less annually until ca. 2007, when Katherine and I moved from NYC to Atlanta.  And there it sat until I noticed our Atlanta home actually provided me with a place to park the car for free — unlike NYC.  In 2011, I yanked it out of my parents’ garage, brought it to Atlanta, by way of Greensboro, NC, and got it back on the road.  But it was simply a series of accidents or coincidences that allowed me to have the car for 41 years.  This was not the plan!)

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)