• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

205/60/13 Federal 595 mounted

BLUNT

205/60/13 on 13x 6.5 ET6  Ive been running Toyo RA1's for 2.5 summers so its hard to judge these coming from those. I paid 400 and  no tax for a set of 4 and 60 bucks to mount and balance. First impressions are much weaker sidewall than the R compounds, which I expected.  These arent a bad tire but they arent a great tire by any means. They grip well but theres a moment of "oh shit" when you throw it into a corner hard I never got with the Toyos. But they are cheap and quiet and wide 13s are hard to get. 185's would look silly on these wheels so I thought Id try a set of these. For the money they are fine but I really loved those Ra1s and I got 2 trips to Vintage, 2 trips to Mid America, one trip to Texfest and 2 trips to Chicago plus all my daily stuff. I dont have a speedo so I dont know true mileage but I drive this car a lot. No clue how long they will last 

20170817_164849 (1).jpg

20170817_164833 (1).jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

1 hour ago, BLUNT said:

205/60/13 on 13x 6.5 ET6  Ive been running Toyo RA1's for 2.5 summers so its hard to judge these coming from those. I paid 400 and  no tax for a set of 4 and 60 bucks to mount and balance. First impressions are much weaker sidewall than the R compounds, which I expected.  These arent a bad tire but they arent a great tire by any means. They grip well but theres a moment of "oh shit" when you throw it into a corner hard I never got with the Toyos. But they are cheap and quiet and wide 13s are hard to get. 185's would look silly on these wheels so I thought Id try a set of these. For the money they are fine but I really loved those Ra1s and I got 2 trips to Vintage, 2 trips to Mid America, one trip to Texfest and 2 trips to Chicago plus all my daily stuff. I dont have a speedo so I dont know true mileage but I drive this car a lot. No clue how long they will last 

20170817_164849 (1).jpg

20170817_164833 (1).jpg

Good.

Because I don't want to see you in a speedo.

:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

FWIW: I bought a set of those Federal 185 60R 13's for less than $50 a tire. Was looking for 205's but they did not come up as available.  Where did you source them from? I got mine from Amazon with free 2 day shipping. So far they are doing all right but I hear ya on the oh shit although they hold the line.  

• Like 1

But what do I know

13 hours ago, conkitchen said:

FWIW: I bought a set of those Federal 185 60R 13's for less than $50 a tire. Was looking for 205's but they did not come up as available.  Where did you source them from? I got mine from Amazon with free 2 day shipping. So far they are doing all right but I hear ya on the oh shit although they hold the line.  

I got them locally from a legends dealer. He has a massive stack of them . If anyone wants contact info I can provide 

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

12 hours ago, esty said:

do you eat wheaties before each drive to help with slow hard turns

I wish you could drive this. It defies logic. This car with 205s has lighter steering that anything I own. It has to be the offset?? My wife can drive it and has no issues

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

7 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

Have you tried the 595 RSR? I had them on my DD/canyon carver WRX wagon for a long time. Cheap, sticky, awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No  I wasnt even aware of them  Are they avail in 205/60/13?

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

22 minutes ago, BLUNT said:

No  I wasnt even aware of them  Are they avail in 205/60/13?

Ah shoot. Sorry. 13's. Nope. 

Smallest sizes are for 15's, 195 50's or 205 50's.

I've had pricey performance tires on that same car, But if you're looking for a budget track-day or aggressive DD tire they're 90% the tire at a fraction of the price. 

15 hours ago, BLUNT said:

205/60/13 on 13x 6.5 ET6

Someone will ask, so you might want to verify that this car's fenders are rolled and pulled to fit these, correct?

Here with the RA1 tires:

5996f515d5bac_BluntsVeronaoncoilovers.thumb.jpg.35f96ff3ab69b9a2bec4afe7f26e55cf.jpg

Ed

• Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Steve are those 6 or 7" wheels?

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite