• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

12 hours ago, 72MetallicMalaga said:

Threw on some Holley Retrobrites

Nice pattern. Similar to the Delta 7" I put on my buddy's 76, and a little less expensive. I wonder how the polycarbonate lenses will hold up. At that price point I would have expected glass lenses.

Nothing like lighting up the road! 

Hacker of many things... master of none.

Gunther March 19, 1974. Hoffman Motors march 22 1974 NYC

Good point there.  Seems so many modern headlights, especially those on SUVs and pickups, are excessively bright.  They can't all be misaligned...

Edited by 2002#3

15 minutes ago, 2002#3 said:

Good point there.  Seems so many most modern headlights, especially those on SUVs and pickups, are excessively bright.  They can't all be misaligned...

Personally i believe LED headlights should be illegal; they’re far too blinding. 

Edited by its55
typo
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, OldRoller said:

Nice pattern. Similar to the Delta 7" I put on my buddy's 76, and a little less expensive. I wonder how the polycarbonate lenses will hold up. At that price point I would have expected glass lenses.

Nothing like lighting up the road! 

i put clear bra film over mine, although it was probably silly given the low miles i average/yr.

21 hours ago, 2002#3 said:

Nicely lighted path forward.  Have you checked to see how the lights appear to on-coming traffic?

I followed a buddy home one time, he said the same, not brighter than some of the new SUVs on the road.

My daily is a '23 Honda HRV, and I get flashed all the time; people think my highs are on.

'72 Metallic Malaga 2002 with a '73 M10 | Dual Weber DCOE 40s | E21 5spd and LSD | Pertronix II

Gunther the 74 turned 50 today! For his birthday he got a new set of under..er, inner wear... same old inner wear, just cleaned and 

touched up a bit... maybe he won't notice.

Doorcards.thumb.jpg.314392539d1d2af8ffd86b41d2037640.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

Removed the door latches and handles in prep for door and sash painting. the doors were virgins, still with factory plastic intact. Found broken door checks, no surprise. 

Cleaned the latches and installed new rod grommets. Found replacements at Pelican Parts, #52208238999 for $2.04 each.

doorlatch.thumb.jpg.29b07406ece840aebc6bcfba7e3d06a2.jpg

• Like 4

Took the car for a drive down I-5 for a family visit. Half way down the speedometer started to act up - creeping up until it read about 100 mph. I reached up behind the gauge and played w/ the speedo cable knurled nut until it settled back down to normal highway speed.  After that on-the fly repair it worked properly the entire 180 miles until I got back home.

Car ran great as usual. Got a couple thumbs up of the interstate from newish BMW M cars.

• Like 5

Finished up the trunk filler today. The only thing left to do is weld up the hole in the quarter and smooth it out. I found a nice recessed cap that worked out really nice. Happy to share part #s if anyone’s interested. 

Yes, the cap is sealed. Yes, I vented it out the side behind the fender well. The super expensive but very nice USCG approved 2” filler hose. I also had to cut the tank neck to get the bend out. 

IMG_0264.jpeg

IMG_0265.jpeg

IMG_0263.jpeg

IMG_0260.jpeg

IMG_0253.jpeg

IMG_0257.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, sczapiga said:

Finished up the trunk filler today. The only thing left to do is weld up the hole in the quarter and smooth it out. I found a nice recessed cap that worked out really nice. Happy to share part #s if anyone’s interested. 

Yes, the cap is sealed. Yes, I vented it out the side behind the fender well. The super expensive but very nice USCG approved 2” filler hose. I also had to cut the tank neck to get the bend out. 

Nice work. Have seen others with trunk fillers - why are you all adding them?  Sounds like you may be shaving the outside, but I've seen others with the exterior gas cap still in place? 

Thanks @HobieDog, ive got some bodywork to do and im doing turbo flares so i wanted to tidy up the back quarters by shaving the corner markers and shaving the cap. Besides sloshing fuel out after filling up and getting rowdy, the design is a pain in CA since we’ve got those silly anti vapor nozzles. Plus, no more fuel smell in the trunk:) 

• Like 3