• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

A15EE20B-1C7D-4748-9F8F-569A51DD69B2.jpegStarted pulling the passenger seat covers off to replace with new. One screw for the hinge would not budge so I drilled it out

5EB288A3-FE2C-44F0-879F-A02A011FEA6E.jpegThe foam is pretty bad so I will be learning about  shaping foam. Prior to me it was reupholstered and they left out the listing wire for the bolstering. 
DAC74E05-0358-4185-92F1-109FB8F7CCEE.jpegInside the new cover you can see the sleeves for listing. This is for a 76 it’s got to have proper bolstering 

• Like 1

Had my longest drive to date, 320 miles on my way to Legends of the Autobahn on Hilton Head.  Found out I get 25 mpg.  Took the backroads past cotton fields being harvested, lots of cool little towns and saw my first wild hog road kill, huge dude that must have done some real damage to car that hit it!

It turns out it’s going to be raining a lot tomorrow so they have moved our show to Sunday morning.  I’m looking forward to my first judged event, just looking to have fun and meeting a bunch of new folks!

04F80165-81D3-4187-A223-23BB060110C5.jpeg

• Like 15

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

Returned from the 7th circle of half-shaft hell today

No amount of hammering, blow-torching, swearing or brass-drifting would get the last 1/8" of the spline through the CV joint.

image.png

image.png

Had to head to the local mechanic to use their 20 ton press.  (this is him removing the cv joint because he thought the splines were dirty or misaligned, they ended up being fine and we just pressed the joint back on)

But they're on now, sealed up, and I get to throw the LSD on the car tomorrow!

• Like 3

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

Hi guys,
a few weeks with no posts from my part, so I owe you an update!
Problem on the cold start is not yet solved, but after testing the different parts, it seems the T° switch is u/s. I left it there for later. Winter is coming slowly, and my garage is not heated:wacko:.
The windscreen and rear windows are in place. But the front not really satisfactory; there's a tiny gap in a corner between seal and body, which says the windscreen is not perfectly centered. Damn, I'll go back there when the son is availble ( 2 extra hands are not luxury here!)
So today I'm back to the interior fittings on the B posts. The "simili" leather was in a real bad shape. I bought new material and copy the forms. Cut some new foam, and today it's in place. I leave it for a few days to see if there's no folds forming. The colour is the exact original blue, which one cannot guess looking at the old part!
Have a nice week-end!

IMG_20211106_123211092.jpg

IMG_20211106_122039129.jpg

IMG_20211106_123315570.jpg

• Like 4

Follow up... It's an overgrown cart track, about a mile long with 11 turns, all in second and third. It's nice because it's about an hour away and you can take your car out Monday through Friday, just showing up. And for me it's nice because I've done hundreds of laps here on my supermoto bike, so I'm familiar with the track, although it did cause some funny lines- the 2002 doesn't necessarily use the same lines as a 60hp, 250lb bike.  First track day in years, first in a 2002.  It was a really nice day.  And I left my dog in my buddy's truck while I went out- apparently he was barking every time I'd come down the straight in front of the parking area.

But the car did just great.  Only change I made was to add a bit of damping (single Koni's from GC, run them wide open (max soft) on the street, dialed them to half way, F+R, and it was totally good enough.)  Never even looked at the tire pressures, set them at 28psi before I left the house- close enough.  Such a nice change to just drive and not worry about trying to optimize anything except the smile on my face.  Although it does seem to have a bit of rear brake bias- I'm on Lee's new Rallye kit for the e30m3, and trailing the brake in would cause some rotation- so I either figure out how to work around it (let off and get on the gas 'cause we're about there anyway), change the pads, aftermarket bias adjuster... or use it like a hydraulic brake for the drifters and send it in sideways? Yesterday I just let off and picked up the throttle 'cause it was almost that time anyway.

The Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 whatever tire- if they're making it in your size, it's totally legit.  Worked great.  I'm no pro racer guy, but I was asking a little bit and they did great, usually on 20 minute sessions.  They look great after 4 sessions yesterday.

And what?  You guys take your rack off before going to do a track day? :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

It's not raining here. 

I think I'll head up around noon, I think. 

The weather should be fixed by then.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

26 minutes ago, ray_ said:

It's not raining here. 

I think I'll head up around noon, I think. 

The weather should be fixed by then.

Cheers,

as you look at the clubhouse, the 2002s are to the far right. 

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC