• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

shallow bucket chrome grills

mvliotta

After getting sniped so many times by back door communications I gave up on etiquette.

Safer to just assume if the ad is more than half an hour old, the item I s either gone or complete junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seller here,

Pretty simple in my book...1st come, 1st served by any means... PM, note,
..courier.

Have to say, 02princess was pretty quick on the draw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am withdrawing my pending sale.... please sell to@coastalcrush408 'Max' as I know he needs it more than myself.... [emoji6]

Good to see you on Saturday Max at CC in SJ!

Lisa 02princess -  SF Bay Area

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

instagram: MotoLisa.02P

Am very interested in the offered E-10 pair of Front driver quality Grills
Should Princess Lisa or any other offers fail or become soured then, we
have a guarantee sales.
I can pick them up as well since I spend my daily life at EWR
How far away R U from EWR?

Many Thanks in advace

Agree with Driv3r's comments. Since joining this forum many years ago I read and understood from previous enthusiasts that there was indeed an unwritten cordial code on purchasing parts on this forum. As a result, I have respected these rules for as long as I have participated in the fantastic forum that has bailed my out with technical challenges more than once.

I once had an experience where the buyer had a part of sale on this forum for a couple weeks. They price was high and no interest among us. Reached out to make a reasonable offer, seller decided to throw the dice and go to eBay instead of taking my reasonable offer. At the end I won the auction on eBay for less money than my initial offer.

Another thought to add is that the potential buyer should not think that with a "first call" automatically gives the "right" to buy a part. They have to agree with seller's terms and pay within a couple hours in my opinion, this way the sale goes smooth and a positive experience for all involved.

Good from Driv3r to bring this up and provoke a discussion among us :) In agreement or not it is a good topic to share your thoughts on.

JP

1 hour ago, jplips said:

Agree with Driv3r's comments. Since joining this forum many years ago I read and understood from previous enthusiasts that there was indeed an unwritten cordial code on purchasing parts on this forum. As a result, I have respected these rules for as long as I have participated in the fantastic forum that has bailed my out with technical challenges more than once.

I once had an experience where the buyer had a part of sale on this forum for a couple weeks. They price was high and no interest among us. Reached out to make a reasonable offer, seller decided to throw the dice and go to eBay instead of taking my reasonable offer. At the end I won the auction on eBay for less money than my initial offer.

Another thought to add is that the potential buyer should not think that with a "first call" automatically gives the "right" to buy a part. They have to agree with seller's terms and pay within a couple hours in my opinion, this way the sale goes smooth and a positive experience for all involved.

Good from Driv3r to bring this up and provoke a discussion among us :) In agreement or not it is a good topic to share your thoughts on.

+1 Jean Paul.

Those (most) of us that have been around here since the onset of the Faq understood this as a matter of decency, but, over time, things have changed here & not all for the better.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Here's some clarification from Mr. FAQ himself..... 7c080491054ea986c167365097470cf6.jpg

Sorry what Steve says is his personal opinion or statement which would have no effect on what's been a customary enthusiast trade etiquette worldwide since the creation of forums. Again, I was speaking generally and not just about faq and I made that clear number of times.

You don't need to justify what you did nor you need prove me wrong. I apologise if my general opinion of this fact offended you or any fellow member.

Just now, Driv3r said:

Sorry what Steve says is his personal opinion or statement which would have no effect on what's been a customary enthusiast trade etiquette worldwide since the creation of forums. Again, I was speaking generally and not just about faq and I made that clear number of times.

You don't need to justify what you did nor you need prove me wrong. I apologise if my general opinion of this fact offended you or any fellow member.

FWIW, agreed. And, since things will remain an ungoverned dog fight, I will continue to search for and buy my parts here only as a last resort.

That last comment was not to prove anything... nor was I offended...

I posted his response for others who didn't know about forum etiquette for classifieds and it's likely a matter of personal opinion for both seller and buyer...

I'm not here to step on anyone's toes ...but clearly.... there are plenty of others who hadn't known about this way of responding to ads... I don't know why this had to be raised 'after' the fact that the seller publicly posted that I had got to them first with a PM... I've been on this forum for a very long time... back even when it was 'roadfly'... and this is the first time someone made a comment about classified etiquettes....

Therefore, I saw that Mr. FAQ Commented about this particular issue and I reposted it...

YMMV....

Lisa 02princess -  SF Bay Area

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

instagram: MotoLisa.02P

This is a fun thread.

I'll keep doing things my way, you guys do things your way, and we can still all be friends both online, and in real life. Many (and I do mean many) deals are facilitated via PM, never to surface on the public forum. This is as old as the internet itself. I always assumed this was normal. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

2 minutes ago, danco_ said:

This is a fun thread.

I'll keep doing things my way, you guys do things your way, and we can still all be friends both online, and in real life. Many (and I do mean many) deals are facilitated via PM, never to surface on the public forum. This is as old as the internet itself. I always assumed this was normal. 

PM sent.

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

1 minute ago, ray_ said:

PM sent.

:D

Please no more nudes. I can only handle so many nude photos, Ray. 

Spice things up for me. Send me puppy pictures or exotic birds - I'd greatly enjoy those.

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards