• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

shallow bucket chrome grills

mvliotta

Just now, Driv3r said:

Excellent. Let's us all drink emoji482.png

St. George Martini stirred, up and  no garnish please!  CHEERS! 

Lisa 02princess -  SF Bay Area

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

instagram: MotoLisa.02P

This is a fun thread.

I'll keep doing things my way, you guys do things your way, and we can still all be friends both online, and in real life. Many (and I do mean many) deals are facilitated via PM, never to surface on the public forum. This is as old as the internet itself. I always assumed this was normal. 

Well friend, when are you coming to Australia to surf with us pros? Haha

2 minutes ago, danco_ said:

Please no more nudes. I can only handle so many nude photos, Ray. 

Spice things up for me. Send me puppy pictures or exotic birds - I'd greatly enjoy those.

Have I sent you my collection of Pontiac Aztek photos yet?

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Posting a "dibs" comment on for sale threads was originally out of necessity, before forums incorporated the PM (personal message) feature. For most of the FAQ's life, interested parties had to comment their contact info and commitment to buy, as there was no way to directly message the seller. This established a public "line" of sorts.

Now that the FAQ has PM feature, the whole "line" concept has shifted from public to private - from commenting to PM'ing. In my opinion, commenting that you're interested in an item is unnecessary, albeit considerate.

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

The problem with the "dibs" part is that some people immediatly post dibs... and then delay, haggle, etc in private, or just do not follow up.  So a true on the spot buyer can get passed up.  5 can get missed.  And it is then just a hassle for the seller.

or one person shows interest, pulls out... and then the seller has to contact the next person... wait for them to reply with time zones, life delays... and with a little bad luck you waste a week.  

First come first serve is the only rule i know.  (That of highest bidder if i chose to sell on ebay). It is my job to declare that as a seller.  So for me a part goes to whomever contacts me first with my asking price and cash (paypal) in hand. Pm or post.  I look at the time.  A post alone means nothing to me (i am not chasig down a buyer), So you better be pming me with questions and or contact info to arrange payment.   But if you let me know you are interested by pm or post, i will contact you if the first person falls through.  But i think it is key for the seller to outline the rules of engagement... it is amazing how many people, and good people, will get nasty/difficult over car parts.  

First come, first serve... and as a buyer i never assume a post of intention or "next in line" means anything.  I always pm with a phone number if i am serous in buying.  

In the end a seller can sell to who ever they wish.  The only true no-no in my mind is taking one persons money (or agreeing to a deal), and then selling to a higher bidder (or in the buyers case, pulling out last minute or trying to renegotiate).  

Edited by gliding_serpent2

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)

Hey Driv3r, who made you the forum police?   Your opinion is just that, your opinion.  This is a free country and some one selling something can sell it to whoever they want to sell it  to.  Any one buying something has the option not to buy something. This is not elementary school where we have to keep track of who's turn it is.   We're all enthusiasts here, or do you get to decide who's an enthusiast too? 

Hey Driv3r, who made you the forum police?   Your opinion is just that, your opinion.  This is a free country and some one selling something can sell it to whoever they want to sell it  to.  Any one buying something has the option not to buy something. This is not elementary school where we have to keep track of who's turn it is.   We're all enthusiasts here, or do you get to decide who's an enthusiast too? 

This thread is closed!

Thanks for bringing us back, evil!

Now don't get me wrong, this whole thing was very interesting for me.... Better than watching football or Dancing with the Stars.

But, alas, like all good things, this too has run it's course.

Grills are NLA

'72 2002tii 'Liesl'

On January 23, 2017 at 4:15 PM, BobbyD said:

We are free to pass gas in a crowded elevator, too, but most of us don't.  

Seller sets the rules.  Be ultra specific on price & process.  Communication, communication, communication.  If a seller or buyer develops a poor record, he/she will will suffer poor reports on the FAQ seller/buyer thread.

Most odd that it's a bunch of FAQ newbies arguing.  So much for "Respect your Elders".

See buyer/seller thread or kill more kittens.  Dead kittens are happy kittens.

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2017 at 8:22 PM, danco_ said:

Driv3r, 

this is the first time I've heard of this particular Sales Etiquette. 

I'm definitely a repeat offender of PMing before commenting, if this is the case. 

I was NEVER aware of such an unwritten rule........never. I just sold an item via PM ing, and the first responder on the actual thread got miffed at me.................to me, I recd the PM first. Nothing backhanded gong on ...........reallly.

Edited by jrkoupe

• 1 month later...