• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE 10/26/16 !! With the Dollar Strong Anybody Interested in a Group Buy of 123 Ignition?

Captain Manly

On 10/20/2016 at 10:44 AM, halboyles said:

Justin,

There are two other cost considerations: there will probably be customs fees on such a large order and international carriers usually charge a processing fee to collect the fee from the receiver.  The seller might be able to help us figure out what these costs might be and how to mitigate them.

VERY GOOD QUESTION!!!! IF ANYBODY CAN HELP US WITH THIS ISSUE, IT WOULD BE A TREMENDOUS HELP!!!!

I have tried to find any details regarding our collective purchase project, with no luck.  I want to make sure that there are no surprises and that your payment is the only payment you make for the part.

IF you can help do some due diligence on the matter, please let me know.  Looking at about $11K in value for the project.

Believe me I want to get started on making this happen!!

Justin 

Ok Y'all, just want to get you an update on the latest for the 123 Ignition group purchase.  I did get an "estimated landed costs" of $36.37 for 31 units which breaks down to $1.18 per unit.  Now I want to double check with a separate inquiry, but at least it is much better than expected.  

I have had great response with intent to purchase, but I would like to wait one more day before I send out the preliminary participant list with name and respective unit they requested so that everyone can make their decision of purchase, so please be patient. I am just as excited as you are.

Thanks again for all of your interests in this endeavor.

Justin 

I called last month and asked about the android version (bluetooth). I was told that the distributor is the same for iphone and android. The only difference is the app and the android version was not ready. I will just borrow my wife's iphone to set my specs.

Edited by Ringworm02

72 2002tii 92-present

73 2002tii 90-92

78 530i 88-91

Hey, I have been following this topic and have just noticed that this is a great price. I assumed that it wouldn't be for me but even if I paid international shipping on top of the included US domestic shipping I would still be happy. 

Put it me down for a M10 Tune with Bluetooth. Like I say, I am happy to pay any reasonable international shipping over and above the quoted price. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Ok Y'all, just want to get you an update on the latest for the 123 Ignition group purchase.  I did get an "estimated landed costs" of $36.37 for 31 units which breaks down to $1.18 per unit.  Now I want to double check with a separate inquiry, but at least it is much better than expected.  

UPDATE: 10/26/16

We now have 25 committed buyers for the group buy which now officially qualifies for the proposed pricing.  However, we still have 12 individuals who initially expressed interest but still did not identify which version (of 3) they want to purchase.  

ray_
2002Scoob
Cruzr
Mike Davis
Shupe
larbo53
DTMLGND
John_in_VA
zinz
xr4tic
jplips

My thought is if we get the remaining individuals to commit, I may able to go back to our source and see if there is any more discount (never hurts to ask) since we will have 36 units as oppose to the current 25. (Just FYI the Bluetooth version is only $10 more.)

For those who have not decided, please let me know by EOBD this Friday.

Thanks again for all of your interests (and patience) in this endeavor.

Justin 

Hi Justin,

I thought I confirmed I wanted the USB version for my '72 2002

If you didn't receive my PM, please use this as my confirmation.

Thanks,

-Bob

-Bob
(current: 1972 Malaga 2002, VIN 2584644, build date July 26, 1972)

Previous: 1973 Sahara 2002 #2585896 (RIP), 1969 1600, 1971 2002, 1964 Triumph Herald convertible, 1965 Triumph Herald convertible, 1961 Triumph TR3A, 1967 Triumph TR4A-irs, 1959 Austin Healey 100/6, and about 10 other cars (most of which were quite boring)...