• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Here are the pics I promised.

This is a novel design reproduction more based on oil capacity than on fins being as large as possible. Note also the position of the 2 big holes for the connection to the car frame....

It also has connecting holes for an oil cooler and temperature sensor.

All the Alpina E21 ones I have seen up to now are missing most of the fins anyway because of hitting road surfaces or other obstacles...

Now for the good news.

I can still get access to the original positive wooden molds/casts (whatever you call those things). I've asked my aluminum pouring friend what a limited run of making these would cost per unit.

We assume it will cost (for a run of at least 10 pieces), about 300 EUR a piece, unmachined.

If the need is high, we can even extend the fins to look as sexy as the Alpina E21 system.

If I can get 10 people to pre-order I am willing to have it reproduced. The machining and surfacing/drilling will have to be done by the buyers themselves. I haven't sourced a company yet to do this...

More pics can be made if desired...

I can also fit it to a diff sump if desired.

Do let me know if interest exists.

Tom from Belgium

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1531.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

Hi guys,

Here are the pics I promised.

This is a novel design reproduction more based on oil capacity than on fins being as large as possible. Note also the position of the 2 big holes for the connection to the car frame....

It also has connecting holes for an oil cooler and temperature sensor.

All the Alpina E21 ones I have seen up to now are missing most of the fins anyway because of hitting road surfaces or other obstacles...

Now for the good news.

I can still get access to the original positive wooden molds/casts (whatever you call those things). I've asked my aluminum pouring friend what a limited run of making these would cost per unit.

We assume it will cost (for a run of at least 10 pieces), about 300 EUR a piece, unmachined.

If the need is high, we can even extend the fins to look as sexy as the Alpina E21 system.

If I can get 10 people to pre-order I am willing to have it reproduced. The machining and surfacing/drilling will have to be done by the buyers themselves. I haven't sourced a company yet to do this...

More pics can be made if desired...

I can also fit it to a diff sump if desired.

Do let me know if interest exists.

Tom from Belgium

IMG_1526.JPG

IMG_1531.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

Put my name down. [emoji1360]

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2016 at 0:27 PM, whs.de said:

Hi Tom,

and how much will be the machining? Do you know the precision and qualitiy of the cast aluminium he is able to produce? There are really big differences!

W.

Kopie von E21.jpg

He specifically said that it would be rough cast and not machined, so he does not need to quote that.

I'm not sure how you would quantify the precisioon or something ambiguous like quality.  Are you asking what alloy, is it a fresh mold?