38 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello from germany,

i seeking a Alpina differential cover for bmw e21 or of 2002.
Pleas offer everything.

Thanks a lot!

Regards Andreas

Seeking a alpina differential cover for bmw e21 or of 2002.

e21 alpina cover.jpg

I can't help, but just had to say:

WOW, That is some serious heat dissipation. Beautiful, too!

They are beautiful, higher capacity, probably functional,fragile and expen$ive.  Plus they need a little clearancing on the passenger-side mount to fit on a 2002, and at least on my car a little clearancing on the crossmember above.  Here's a pic of a test fit on my car.

Hanger1.jpg

The Alpina covers are no longer made, so eBay is about the best place.  There are replicas being made, but I'm not familiar with them.

ireland engineering makes a replica of it.  no experience with it, but it looks pretty nice on the website!  dollar value scared me off quickly though....

With the replicas always keep an eye on the inside of the cover. Some of those do only imitate the outer look without the inner function.

Regards, Lars.

Well if you don't mind veering off the straight path you could build or buy a rear subframe that accepts an E30 Medium case diff...Rob Torres at 2002 Haus makes a beautiful rear subframe for this.  Then buy yourself a Rogue E36 Finned diff cover to fit on the Med case E30 diff of your choice.  

http://www.rogueengineering.com/Rogue-Engineering-E36-Finned-Differential-Cover_p_75.html

hi, by ireland engineering you get no more cover.
I have all the parts and axles new powder coated. I do not want to start over. :-)

Hi Andreas,

I have one on my shelve (which I found in Germany). I'll try to take a picture this weekend. As you know (if you are the Andreas I think you are - from the Hamburg region), these were never made by Alpina for a 2002 but only for E21. The one I have however was made to the same design of the E21 but with the 2002 bearing points. So in fact it is a reproduction but to a new design.

Tom from Belgium