• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW S2002

S2002

Nice build !  Hey!  I'm going to be in Guayaquil next week!  Staying at the airport Holiday Inn.   I get down a couple times a year to do food safety inspections on shrimp and tilapia processing plants.

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter

• 1 month later...
Going forward with the project.

IMG_6873.JPG

IMG_6893.JPG

IMG_6894.JPG

When you have time, list your mods with reference to which car so we know what you used from what year/model car. Also outline your engine build setup. Then this post should go under stickies. Will help a lot of people with their future project planning. Just an idea.

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, S2002 said:

Going forward, took a different direction with the radiator.

IMG_9625.JPG

IMG_9626.JPG

No problems with a chill on the back of your neck then. ;)

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

As you know the f22/Honda tranny is a great combo.

Its price and the output is tough to beat. 9k rpm motors are expensive to build. Best n/a motor/trans combo for this car.

For a turbo build, I decided against it as I think I can make more torque with the M10 and I  can still fit a 6 speed to it. Only draw back is running lower rpms(7-7500) to keep the wear down.

sure it is not a modern motor but, the m10 can still rock!

good luck with your build!! I look forward to your updates!!

72'  2002 turbo build - under construction...

Its price and the output is tough to beat. 9k rpm motors are expensive to build. Best n/a motor/trans combo for this car.

For a turbo build, I decided against it as I think I can make more torque with the M10 and I  can still fit a 6 speed to it. Only draw back is running lower rpms(7-7500) to keep the wear down.

I had a Honda Integra Type R when I was studying at uni. The car was new and straight from the dealer and it would rev to 9000 rpm without any upgrades as a stock engine. At the time it had 11:1 compression ratio and put out 220hp. It had a 5s close ratio gearbox. A lot of owners in Honda club have only done minor and relatively inexpensive upgrades to achieve 10k or even 11k rpm from the same engine. I don't think this car made it to America though or they might have changed the compression ratio if it did. But we had the JDM spec with bilstein coilovers, large brembo brakes and recaro bucket seats.

I think m10 engine is best for bmw enthusiast. It supplements a beautiful car that is credit to German engineering. But it's too expensive to aim for anything over 400hp when considering the m10.

The Honda engine and tranny is the ultimate choice when considering ROI compared to M10. Having said so, I think the op started this project on the right track but now heading to universal studios for mad max 5 audition. [emoji1]

1 minute ago, Driv3r said:

I had a Honda Integra Type R when I was studying at uni. The car was new and straight from the dealer and it would rev to 9000 rpm without any upgrades as a stock engine. At the time it had 11:1 compression ratio and put out 220hp. It had a 5s close ratio gearbox. A lot of owners in Honda club have only done minor and relatively inexpensive upgrades to achieve 10k or even 11k rpm from the same engine. I don't think this car made it to America though or they might have changed the compression ratio if it did. But we had the JDM spec with bilstein coilovers, large brembo brakes and recaro bucket seats.

I think m10 engine is best for bmw enthusiast. It supplements a beautiful car that is credit to German engineering. But it's too expensive to aim for anything over 400hp when considering the m10.

The Honda engine and tranny is the ultimate choice when considering ROI compared to M10. Having said so, I think the op started this project on the right track but now heading to universal studios for mad max 5 audition. emoji1.png

I always wanted the F22c engine, it was my first option. The idea was to build a turbo engine with the capability of handling 750hp+ and be able to rev up to 9.500rpm, the engine is fully built and all the complementary parts of the car are made to sustain that kind of power, i know what a bmw engine can do, my other car is a 335i with jb4, downpipes, exhaust system, charge pipe, intercooler, etc, etc pushing around 500hp but its a completely different beast. We are talking about a german 3.600lbs beast with 500hp vs a potential 2.000lb 750hp go kart.

12 hours ago, evil02 said:

To keep what wear down?

My understanding is that any additional cylinder/ring wear is negligible at higher rpms.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.