• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro tiis - who has one?

saaron

This tii vin thread reminded me of something I always wondered - how many of you have a euro tii?  I see them for sale every once in a while, so I know there are a few owned by people here.  

I figure there aren't many because you could buy one here.  There's not a lot of incentive to bring one in.  To be honest, I don't know why the people I bought it from brought it here - I guess they just liked it.   ;)

Who else has one?  Would love to see some pics.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

I know I'm the third owner.  First owner was Swiss, and I bought it from the second owners, who were German.  They brought it in around '83 or '84.  

They had to swap out the speedo, and put the side marker lights on it.  The city lights were disconnected, too.  Eventually I undid those things, though the city lights are still disconnected.  

I know I pm'ed with a person that bought a golf tii a while back, and there were two for sale not too long ago that were both blue.  I always wondered how many other euro ones were out there.  

Scott

post-34981-0-54528800-1454684427_thumb.j

02ing since '87

I got one... '74  Came from Guatemala.  Has a new(er) dash with English labels and US cluster, but the HVAC controls are still in Deutsch.

It still has the original windshield with the driving speed in snow warning as well as a Guatemala CCA decal.

I should note that the PO opted for Weber 40DCOEs.  It did not come with the fuel injection but it is the original numbers matching block.  He also painted it red from it's original Inka.

I've got one.

I'm living in CH and car is also in Switzerland.  Car delivered to Vienna, Austria in 73.  

PO was Walter Wilczynski (his personal car) he's the fellow with all those 02's (roughly about 50+ and a warehouse of NLA 02 parts) in Vienna, he also restored my '76 02.

Car was originally Malaga, Walter painted it Condor Gelb BMW paint code 003 during ground up restoration he did in 2003.

post-36163-0-77811900-1454711177_thumb.j

post-36163-0-73798400-1454711194_thumb.j

Edited by mokeefe

I'll give you three reasons a person would want to buy or keep their European spec tii if they were in the USA:

a ) compression ratio

b ) compression ratio

c ) compression ratio

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

.It did not come with the fuel injection but it is the original numbers matching block.He also painted it red from it's original Inka.

You can always buy that stuff if you want.  I see it pretty regularly.  The German 02 club site usually has some of that, but it shows up on this forum a lot, too.

Scott 

02ing since '87

I like the clean lines of the european tiis.  Scott's car is very nice

Thanks Jim.  Can't wait to see your blue car - I look at your blog every week!

Scott 

02ing since '87

Scott…. if your tii was Golf or Colorado, or a touring, I'd be stalking you. And having keys cut to match the doors and ignition by now.
 mmmm Colorado.  I know Verona kind of is what it is.  It does get the attention of non-car people, I will say that about it.  It's a cute little red car to a lot of regular folks, which isn't a bad thing.  At any rate, thanks for the compliment (I think).  You have to get that abandoned one, man.  

Thanks to you and Ben the tii has the right dizzy curve and is timed properly.  Running better than ever.

02ing since '87