• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I GOT Ripped Off by Mike Honari in Las Vegas!!

Ripped us off as well...THIS GUY IS A CROOK!!! Here's how he did it:

Would take in a customer car to perform work on it (put parts on etc.) and the customer would want some of our parts. So HE would order them using the customers credit card, but instead of ordering just one for the customer he would order two and keep one for himself. This would add up to thousands of dollars and obviously the customer would eventually find out and come back to us asking for their money back (Because our name ended up on their CC statement not his). This man WILL RIP YOU OFF. BEWARE!

'67 1600 B Sedan Race Car #5

'72 2002 B Sedan Lite Race Car #13

'83 E30 323i Bauer M30B35 Swapped

7 minutes ago, Ireland Engineering said:

Ripped us off as well...THIS GUY IS A CROOK!!!

Jeeze... How do people like this exist, and get away with it as well as they do? There always seems to be a layer of sustaining crookery to the automotive world. I've been receiving end myself, but often times to do anything about it seems to be less of a matter of reporting, and more of a 'take it to Court' scenario, which is a major time investment. 

The internet is a wonderful tool to fight back, connect the dots, and identify crooks like this...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

This guy just posted to the FB bmw 2002 page a couple hours ago.  He changed his name to Michael Hona.

Well now that he's on fb, you will now have access to all his contacts. Now u can really get a hold of him via his contacts.

Edited by TNan
spelling

For those that are trying to find "Michael Hona" or whatever his alias is now - I would contact every single person from his facebook account and do some investigating to get his real name/location and then you can take further action.  Chances are those people won't just give you the name, so you'll have to be creative...   If he ripped me off, I couldn't let this go until I find the SOB.

Screen shot 2017-08-03 at 6.56.41 PM.png

Screen shot 2017-08-03 at 6.57.15 PM.png

Screen shot 2017-08-03 at 7.00.12 PM.png

Screen shot 2017-08-03 at 7.00.46 PM.png

Screen shot 2017-08-03 at 7.01.48 PM.png

Screen shot 2017-08-03 at 7.02.10 PM.png

Screen shot 2017-08-03 at 7.03.00 PM.png

On 6/12/2017 at 10:02 AM, Ireland Engineering said:

Ripped us off as well...THIS GUY IS A CROOK!!! Here's how he did it:

Would take in a customer car to perform work on it (put parts on etc.) and the customer would want some of our parts. So HE would order them using the customers credit card, but instead of ordering just one for the customer he would order two and keep one for himself. This would add up to thousands of dollars and obviously the customer would eventually find out and come back to us asking for their money back (Because our name ended up on their CC statement not his). This man WILL RIP YOU OFF. BEWARE!

I can appreciate the heads-up about this guy and how he operates but this story doesn't exactly sound like you got ripped off.  Unless everyone called to get their money back it sounds like you made some extra sales.

4 hours ago, dang said:

I can appreciate the heads-up about this guy and how he operates but this story doesn't exactly sound like you got ripped off.  Unless everyone called to get their money back it sounds like you made some extra sales.

He used the customers card to order 2 of everything.  Customer states he was double billed to visa.  Visa hits ireland for the difference.  Shows up ireland eng on customers bill.  Customer knows what was ordered and how much it was roughly just by going to the website.  

Short and sweet.  Anyone who lets someone else use your credit card numbers in on the hook to pay.  Ireland will show up with invoices for parts ordered and shipped, they are not out anything.  That's the way it is because I saw it on Judge Judy!

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I had the grave misfortune of inspecting one of the "race cars" he built in 2014. It was supposed to be a 1969 2002 Alpina clone. It was the most unsafe vehicle i have witnessed in decades. As a local Las Vegas neighbor I am thankful to have raving douchebags like this to compare my work to

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just updating this.  Someone on the Facebook group spotted his M20-swapped 2002 that he was trying to sell for the past year.   This time it popped up as a totaled wreck on Hemming's.  Certainly smells like an insurance scam.  

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/auction/bmw/2002/2032206.html#&gid=1&pid=4

• Like 2

For an estimated sale price of 2K, there is a lot of salvageable parts off of this. If I had space and time it would be worth getting a good chassis and have at it.  I don't know the procedure to get the bad Mike Honari karma off of this, maybe a young priest and an old priest ala The Exorcist. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

On 28/11/2017 at 10:46 AM, Dudeland said:

For an estimated sale price of 2K, there is a lot of salvageable parts off of this. If I had space and time it would be worth getting a good chassis and have at it.  I don't know the procedure to get the bad Mike Honari karma off of this, maybe a young priest and an old priest ala The Exorcist. 

Mostly just gearboxes full of sawdust JBWelded together I expect. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

• 7 months later...

I don't know if anyone is still trying to rectify their situation but this person's name is Mohammad Honari. He has been in a lot of trouble with the law...criminal records going back decades. He should not be able to even obtain a business license. 

• Like 2