• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

comment from a German ebay seller when asked about shipping to USA

kiva667

I had some guests several years ago who went to a pizzeria in Grasse, France. Despite a very quiet evening the waiter showed them to a crappy table and they asked if they could be moved. The waiter wasn't forthcoming and the owner came over and got involved. They explained they would simply like a nicer table and he replied "You people invade Iraq and you want a better table!"

And the punchline? They were Canadian.

Got to love the French. 

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

And the punchline? They were Canadian.

Actually, that was my punchline too with the guy. His response? "Doesn't matter, the whole continent has a problem." When I pointed out that ebay is an American company and the last time Germany had a problem with "a whole continent" things didn't work out too well, he declined to respond again. Edited by kiva667

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

I recall the famous Monty Python line, with the Frenchman saying "I unclog my nose in your general direction!" Not much has changed I guess.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold