• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Brake Substitute?

andyleonard

I just installed a set from Harry. They look just like Jim's but with a plastic dust cover inside the door part. Easy install and work perfect!

I dremeled off the bottom of the fender pin and drove it out with a drift to start, then grabbed the pin with a vice grip and hit the from the bottom to get the pin out, that was the toughest part and took all of 60 seconds.

there's a place in SoCal:  Mesa Performance.  A few years ago they sold me the "equivalent" part, and my much-too-foggy memory is telling me it is for the rear door for a 5-series ??  They installed no problem and have been working just fine.  And they were amazingly/wonderfully inexpensive by comparison.

http://www.mesaperformance.com/

And don't sweat the "search" function, I sometimes have a heck of a time finding the stuff I posted, and theory says I know what I'm looking for.

as for searching in general, it can be an ugly, yet enjoyable, business on this forum, bring popcorn: 

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/147889-petrolicious-strikes-again/

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner

• 5 years later...

You can click on the link I provided and it will take you to his for sale thread, where you can make a post saying you'd like to buy a set. 

Or, you can use the @harry6422 trick, that pings him to say he's been mentioned in this thread. 

Or, you can hover over the highlighted name in this post and he will pop up and you can then click on Message in that pop up and send him one.

Edited by '76mintgrün'02