• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1602 Spotted In Dusseldorf, And Many Other Stunners!!

Grover

This past week I was in Germany for work. One evening I was invited to a dinner party at a place called Classic Remise, in Dusseldorf. As we pulled into the parking lot, I was already in a good mood as we were just a little way behind what looked to be a '72-73 1602, although the grills looked to be from an earlier model (I was unable to talk with the owner to get more details.)

From what I could gather, Classic Remise is an interesting blend of independently run restoration and service shops, garages rented by local club chapters (Citroen, Morgan, etc..) as well as a storage and sales facility for both private and professional collectors/dealers. My gut guess would be that there were no less than 300 cars in the "collection", everything from Porsches (the most prevalent car on site being the 911), Mercs, a couple of Cobras, Alfas, Astons, Ferraris, and just about everything in between. Below are a few of my personal highlights, but this is truly just showing the very tip of the iceberg. A truly amazing establishment, and well worth a visit if you are ever in the area.

Shown below are an Aston One:77, Ferrari F40, Alfa 6C, TVR Tuscan, and a number of others.

IMG_0963_zps0c60a73d.jpg

IMG_1017_zps2f74cdee.jpg

IMG_0982_zpsf345e5a7.jpg

IMG_0979_zps7a2a749a.jpg

IMG_0970_zpsf28a8485.jpg

IMG_0991_zpsb94d2946.jpg

IMG_0995_zpsf4d66157.jpg

IMG_0999_zps155e4289.jpg

IMG_1004_zpsd7df2b51.jpg

IMG_1014_zps13f59cb7.jpg

IMG_0974_zpsbd34281b.jpg

Places similar to the one in Duesseldorf are meanwhile to be found in nearly every bigger city here in Germany. We have one here in Frankfurt called Klassikstadt http://www.klassikstadt.de/ . Also Berlin, Hamburg, Stuttgart, etc. have one.

If you might come to the Frankfurt area in future, drop me a line if you like. Maybe we can meet.

Regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Be careful what you wish for, Lars....

I'm supposed to be in Troisdorf (south of Cologne) in July!

I'll bring an empty suitcase to pack Alpina parts back home...

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Even an NSU Prinz TTS (the little orange sedan with the wide wheels)...I know that "NSU Prinz" and "performance" are oxymorons, but they were very quick and gave the competition versions of the BMW 700s a run for their money.  Haven't seen one since the late 60s.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Anyone know what the raw aluminum, open wheel race car with the knockoff disc wheels (in front of the MB 600 limo) is?  Gotta be late 40s early 50s, or even pre-war. Awful short wheelbase for a Formula 1 car...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike,

it´s a Veritas Meteor Formula 2 - apparently this one: http://vdvgrant.be/en/veritas/meteor-single-seater-formula-2 .

Frome the photos above I like most the Iso Grifo and also the NSU. The NSUs are indeed beasty little things, just like the also rear engined Simcas and R8s.

post-36854-0-77364500-1400255221_thumb.j

post-36854-0-47271800-1400255240_thumb.j

post-36854-0-13474200-1400255280_thumb.j

post-36854-0-41601600-1400255259_thumb.j

For the 996cc TTS it is funny that rumors say today there are more of those existing than once left the factory. Even in this price category car´s identities seem to be faked to reach higher prices. Might be the same for the early 1085cc TT and the later 1177cc TT models also.

Regards, Lars.

Edited by LarsAlpina

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Be careful what you wish for, Lars....

I'm supposed to be in Troisdorf (south of Cologne) in July!

I'll bring an empty suitcase to pack Alpina parts back home...

Well Ed,

if you come to the Frankfurt area where I am living, you´re of course also invited to pay me a visit. And I would like to accompany you to the place where you will be filling your empty suitcase - maybe there´s something for me, too. ;)

Regards, Lars.

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Wonderful pics in Europe... for the state-side folks, if you get the chance, visit the Barber Museum and racetrack in Leeds, AL (near Birmingham).  Simply amazing.

b7f124c5.jpg

7cbef0ba.jpg

bbf45a0f.jpg

6f0248b3.jpg

586a2c78.jpg

The Porsche Sport Driving school is based there too..

March4and52010007.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

i have been wanting to go to Barbers, i told my wife that it would take at least 4 days. two days for travel back and forth, one good day to explore, and a day to recover from said exploration. it is hard to drive when your eyes are swollen from crying.