• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I want this car

Stu

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

.... All original, extremely well kept car. I see this car every weekend.

Looks like it was originally granada or some other red, some parts look white or painted white, but might just be the photos. Wonder why a low mileage car would be repainted. Too bad it has just a touch of rust. Looks minty fresh!

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

I cannot find the closed eBay listing, but I recall the story behind this car (partly because I was brought up near Manheim, PA) from its previous -- February 2013? -- eBay listing. The following thread contains a reference to it by ibjettin, as the "68 Florida now on eBay fetching close to $20K," but I was curious as to its final price.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,381442/highlight,manheim+bmw/

It's pretty convincingly a Florida car -- based on it's authentic-looking paint sticker and the original brown interior which narrows the field of exterior color possibilities -- but it appears to have passed through a "red period," as we see on the inner fender VIN and the windshield washer reservoir holder. Nonetheless, LOTS of original bits here!

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

.... All original, extremely well kept car. I see this car every weekend.

Looks like it was originally granada or some other red, some parts look white or painted white, but might just be the photos. Wonder why a low mileage car would be repainted. Too bad it has just a touch of rust. Looks minty fresh!

My thoughts, as to why I believe the red was not an original color are: (1.) the inner fender VINs weren't generally (ever?) painted body color, they were generally left gray or brown (primer?); (2.) if the interior is original to this car, I would expect a black interior with Granada or like; and (3.) where are you going to find such an authentic-looking paint sticker with accumulated "grunge" around its edge?

Steve

It was on Ebay last month. It was in Annville, PA and sold (according to Ebay) for $20,269.

They should have cleaned up the guage cluster rings when they repainted it. They look worse than my Touring that has 120k on it.

Thanks, Les. Yes, it has its share of wear items, which make me think a dealer took on a lot of risk paying more than $20K for it.

Regards,

Steve

Once a BMW 2002 is priced over 20K I start dreaming of other cars that I really want. Used M3, Subaru BRZ, something with a soft top.

Just thoughts...

Blasphemers, both of us; we are on the same page.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70