Sign in to follow this  
Stu

I want this car

13 posts / 1824 viewsLast Reply

.... All original, extremely well kept car. I see this car every weekend.

Looks like it was originally granada or some other red, some parts look white or painted white, but might just be the photos. Wonder why a low mileage car would be repainted. Too bad it has just a touch of rust. Looks minty fresh!

I cannot find the closed eBay listing, but I recall the story behind this car (partly because I was brought up near Manheim, PA) from its previous -- February 2013? -- eBay listing. The following thread contains a reference to it by ibjettin, as the "68 Florida now on eBay fetching close to $20K," but I was curious as to its final price.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,381442/highlight,manheim+bmw/

It's pretty convincingly a Florida car -- based on it's authentic-looking paint sticker and the original brown interior which narrows the field of exterior color possibilities -- but it appears to have passed through a "red period," as we see on the inner fender VIN and the windshield washer reservoir holder. Nonetheless, LOTS of original bits here!

Steve

.... All original, extremely well kept car. I see this car every weekend.

Looks like it was originally granada or some other red, some parts look white or painted white, but might just be the photos. Wonder why a low mileage car would be repainted. Too bad it has just a touch of rust. Looks minty fresh!

My thoughts, as to why I believe the red was not an original color are: (1.) the inner fender VINs weren't generally (ever?) painted body color, they were generally left gray or brown (primer?); (2.) if the interior is original to this car, I would expect a black interior with Granada or like; and (3.) where are you going to find such an authentic-looking paint sticker with accumulated "grunge" around its edge?

Steve

It was on Ebay last month. It was in Annville, PA and sold (according to Ebay) for $20,269.

They should have cleaned up the guage cluster rings when they repainted it. They look worse than my Touring that has 120k on it.

Thanks, Les. Yes, it has its share of wear items, which make me think a dealer took on a lot of risk paying more than $20K for it.

Regards,

Steve