• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Total 2002 Nerd-dom...

wegweiser

A few months ago I mentioned that feeler gauge stock could be purchased in large 10' and 25' rolls. That eliminates the need to buy a whole new feeler gauge set just because the one you use for valve adjustments gets knackered from use.

I was frustrated that I had no elegant way to hold the fresh pieces I'd clip off for regular use, so I made a clamping handle out of some aluminum at the shop. Threw some aluminum rod in the drill press and lathe'd it a little.

Rest assured, future versions will look less penis-like. It's got decent balance and weight though. I'm kind of diggin' it.

...and you thought YOU were a nerd? Ha! Bring on the photos and prove to me that you really are king-o-the-2002-nerds! I expect your very best and most noble submissions!

post-2748-13667666160969_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

Next, you need to make the matching adjuster to turn the eccentric.

Now, if you could COMBINE those two tools into one so that it could

be operated with one hand, THAT would be slick.

heh

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

My feeler gauge is filled with 35 years of valve adjustment memories. I saw your post at midnight, and had to run out to the garage and take a photo. Wife now thinks I've really lost it.

031_zps15e12e2e.jpg

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

wow! jim - nice lic plate (cdiesel)

no 02 for the forseeable future

2-BMW bikes will keep my beemer/bimmer blood flowing

along with my day job

The Red ABARTH is on order - Dec. delivery

proposed lic plate for that will be- SPA , MONZA, AABART,

ABARTT, TAZIO

back to the geeky weird feeler gauge methods

from my stash - Mercedes-Benz Special Tools

blade holders in RED(exhaust) and GREEN(intake)

for motors with different intake/exhaust clearances

FEELERBLADESM-BENZ.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

A few months ago I mentioned that feeler gauge stock could be purchased in large 10' and 25' rolls. That eliminates the need to buy a whole new feeler gauge set just because the one you use for valve adjustments gets knackered from use.

I was frustrated that I had no elegant way to hold the fresh pieces I'd clip off for regular use, so I made a clamping handle out of some aluminum at the shop. Threw some aluminum rod in the drill press and lathe'd it a little.

Rest assured, future versions will look less penis-like. It's got decent balance and weight though. I'm kind of diggin' it.

...and you thought YOU were a nerd? Ha! Bring on the photos and prove to me that you really are king-o-the-2002-nerds! I expect your very best and most noble submissions!

are you going to sell these Paul? marketed as "The Steely Dan" right?

1970 Agave work in progress

Born on May 14 1970 and delivered May 19th 1970 to NYC to Hoffman Motor Corp. Agave code 071

new guy

help appreciated!

other cars: 1991 318is / 1999 540iT

• 1 month later...