• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feeler for new shift pattern graphics, etc.

BMW0299

I'm trying to find out if there is enough interest for me to make new shift pattern graphics and other on the dash lettering (lights, front fog lights, lighter and rear def).

They would be computer-designed to match the existing type, size, spacing and any curvature as close as possible and produced in white dry transfer lettering and could be applied from pre-spaced sheets by first cleaning out the old lettering and then burnishing the new in the same place.

I have a source and would like to find out if there's interest before I create the art and get some cost ideas. The more demand the cheaper, of course. -Raine

Thanks for offering your services!

How about trying to reproduce the correct tire pressure and oil stickers under the hood? I would hope someone here has a new pristine example that could be scanned..

IMG_5294.jpg

Another unusual one is the EPA sticker in the cowl on USA cars.

IMG_5297.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I got an original 76 with fairly good decals. If anyone wants I would be more than happy to offer to take photos of them!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Another one of my unfinished projects. Over the past several years I have been reproducing a set of labels for my '71 using Illustrator. It is a lot of work to duplicate the glaring inconsistencies in spacing, sizes, and formats seen in the originals--and DIN schriften is just a font family name and isn't an exact match for some label info. It would be impossible to economically reproduce the emissions label since it is perforated--a previous conversation with Carl Nelson indicated it would probably be illegal (but who would really care). The only way to easily reproduce (that I can think of) the emissions label would be to screen print a grayed circular grid on silver vinyl (to match the perforations) and then screen the text in black over that. All the other labels could easily be reproduced by screening white on black vinyl material. I decided that copying an original label created too many compromises. This might help someone who has more energy than I presently have for a label project.

• 11 months later...
A repro of the vin decal on the driver door would be cool.

+1

And these... LaJolla said they don't have the...

Early Tii tire pressure sticker (as on 2760007)

IMAG0045.jpg

The other tire pressure sticker as found on the same 2760007 Tii...

IMAG0038.jpg

AND either of the silver stickers, the above emissions and the door VIN sticker.

IMAG0055.jpg

All the underhood and door stickers as originally on 2760007 Oct '71 US 2002tii.

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/tjones02_bucket/Tii%20The%200007/Stickers/?action=view&current=IMAG0055.jpg

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

i have few of theses reproduced in super high resolution and material quality (3M). There was one on the driver door on my 74' Automatic, just under the VIN sticker.

I know they may not be very "popular" but...if you want one e-mail me.

post-786-13667655236775_thumb.jpg

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel